Forums Latest Members
  1. Interstatetime Jul 17, 2013

I picked this up from one of the gold buyers I do business with the other day. I runs and functions but is gummy and probably has not been cleaned for a century or so. I guess the safe deposit box will weigh a little more....Oh Well! (Please excuse my lousy iPhone photos.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JohnCote

SeanO, Veritas99 and BGBG like this.
  2. BGBG Jul 17, 2013

Very nice john, just a hair line crack on the enamel at the six o'clock, the zenith inscription on the dust cover looks very celtic I have never seen zenith written in this way before [I like it]. Now all you need is a three piece suit and strut your suff.:thumbsup:

3. Interstatetime Jul 17, 2013

Thanks, I liked that Zenith logo too. I have seen it on some other pocket watches from around the turn of the century. The hairline will come completely out of that dial. That's the good and bad thing about porcelain dials. Most of them had weak places or craze cracks after the initial firing. When the copper base of the dial corrodes the hairlines fill up with the goop. The goop usually cleans out easily and with the right treatment takes a while to come back. I think this old girl will clean up nicely.

JohnCote