Forums Latest Members
  1. AQBill May 24, 2018

Dear Fellow Omega Enthusiasts,

Since, apparently, I have to be around this forum for a while before I become a trusted & well-liked member, my best avenue to even seeing watches here in darkest Alabama is via on-line vendors. Since I must resort to purchasing on-line, I wanted to know of your collective experiences with known major vendors. I realize, of course that there are many good and bad, big and small vendors in the great on-line marketplace but would like to start to look in the right places.

Many thanks,
    AQBill

Rockhopper42 and gemstar like this.
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 24, 2018

I mostly avoid/avoided online vendors as a n00b, and bought most all of my watches from trusted sellers right here on OmegaForums.

I think you'll find most sellers here will sell to new members fairly readily, as long as you don't mind paying by the method of their choice... and if you have some feedback as a buyer elsewhere that you can send/link, then you would have no problem at all, I am sure... there's always a few members that might shy away from a total stranger, though, I suppose, but they'd be in the minority..

AQBill likes this.
  3. llvhhui May 24, 2018

I'm sticking with the forum for now. Too many sketchy sellers out there especially on eBay.

AQBill likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 24, 2018

Crown and Caliber, HQ Milton, European Watch Company, Bobs Watches, Watch Steeze, Retro Watch Guy, Menta, Second Time Ticking ....

AQBill, IDXM, sxl2004 and 2 others like this.
  5. sog00d May 24, 2018

I’ve had good experiences in Chrono24 but depending on what you looking for trusted forum dealers may have better pricing.

AQBill and connieseamaster like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 24, 2018

Good sellers on Chrono24 and lots of bad ones too. Like E-Bay.

7. gemstar May 24, 2018

This hobby reminds me of the early 80s and 90s of comic book collecting and the non disclosure of restoration and bad grading, leaving the collecting community in a paranoid state of if I buy what will I actually get? Then came along a grading company that took that fear away of sending the collectible to a non biased. Ahemm..Well maybe not that non biased.Hey no one is perfect. However it gave the industry more security and trust. We should have an agency where an evaluation is made on rare and expensive and not so expensive time pieces and issued a certificate and possibly slabbed? ( Only for super rare items?). Also an census report of the graded item and how many each individual model exists on record.

AQBill likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 24, 2018

Send a seller a PM. Have a chat. Plenty have bought before 10posts let alone 200.

AQBill likes this.
  9. Slider May 24, 2018

Yep - definitely PM the seller on here if you see something you like. I did that with only a few posts to my name, and ended up with a great looking 145.022-69

Rockhopper42 and AQBill like this.