Forums Latest Members

Omega's Blue Teak vs. Rolex's Blue Sun Burst Dial

1. ducatiti Sep 29, 2019

I recently picked up a new DJ41 and would like to share the difference between the shades of blue... will post pictures during the daytime when I find the opportunity for your future references :)

[​IMG]

Lume shot :)

[​IMG]

Pun, fskywalker, jaguar11 and 2 others like this.
  2. AntonisCy Sep 29, 2019

I would say the blue shade on both dials is almost identical.

3. ducatiti Sep 29, 2019

I will check it out tomorrow under the sun. IMO, the teak on the Omega is more prestigious looking and attractive. The DJ's blue dial looks a bit more plain.

Now which one do you guys think goes better with a suit with bracelets on?

...and which will dress down better?

4. ducatiti Sep 29, 2019

Forgot to mention, the AT wins on clarity of the crystal to display the dials due to the inner and outer AR coating. I believe Rolex only has AR on the cyclops only, correct?

5. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Sep 29, 2019

To me, the shade of blue are very similar in both watches. I like the Rolex better though, as the lines on the dial of the AT don't work for me. The one knock against the Rolex for me is the fluted bezel. I much prefer the smooth bezel.

6. Duckie Sep 29, 2019

I believe this to be correct.
    Also don't forget that the Rolex has a flat Crystal as well. Which doesn't help wit reflections in general, especially reflections of a glossy dial onto the back side of the Crystal.

7. scapa Sep 29, 2019

I'm not a fan of the DJ fluting, and having spent quite a bit of time with it and the new AT 41 just a few days ago I prefer the way that the AT's dial works with light, moving from light to dark and across the "planking' of the dial vertically and horizontally. It's very dynamic and striking, and although I ultimately decided that the watch was a bit too dressy for me, I love it in the white and blue, and prefer it overall to the Rolex by a fair margin.

8. fskywalker Sep 29, 2019

Both are nice!

9. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Sep 29, 2019

I know this wasn’t your question, but I’m answering it anyway...I much prefer the Omega, but full disclosure...I have a cyclops hatred!

EDIT: and with a suit I think a leather strap is generally better than a bracelet.

10. ducatiti Sep 29, 2019

Thanks guys.. Here are more pictures to share to compare with your AT's :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pun likes this.