Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Geneve 136.070 SS, Blue Dial

1. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Feb 19, 2023

For sale a nice entry level vintage Omega Genève 136.070 in good vintage condition. Whilst these stainless steel Genèves are rather easy to find with white or silver dials, finding a (denim) blue dial like this one is a completely different endeavour...

I have always wanted to venture out into the broader Omega world, in spite of being a rather focused Speedmaster fan in the core. As part of a trade I did about two years ago, I got the opportunity to acquire this piece, which I obviously ceased. I've certainly enjoyed it. The reason for passing it on is that I acquired a dog leg pie-pan Constellation a while ago and recently added a gilt dial Seamaster. When worn in rotation, I prefer a watch without date window, so this timepiece will have to go.

Please find an assessment of the watch below. I have attempted to be as brutally honest as can be. Also note that I am certainly not the first owner of this watch...

Dial: Beautiful sunburst blue, slightly greenish, which is absolutely mesmerising, with an applied Omega logo acting as the cherry on the pie. The original dial with all indexes, printing and lume plots perfectly in tact. All spots in the picture are on the plexi, apart from a tiny dot left of the twelve o'clock marker. I believe it is a speck of dust, but I cannot rule out it is a tiny blemish.

Hands: I believe these to be the original hands.

Case: Nice fat case with very sharp edges. Some hairline scratches but overall in good condition, most notable scratches are on the top of the lower right lug and on the case back. Note that there is some minor pitting near the upper right lug. Edit: picture of the affected area added below. Case back with crisp Waterproof engraving. Diameter 35mm excluding crown, but wearing slightly bigger as a result of its relatively large dial surface.

Movement and Serial: A trusty manual wound movement with a serial in the 2922xxxx range.
    Runs and winds smoothly with all functions working properly. It is supposedly serviced before I got it, meaning in the last two years. As I don't have any proof of said service, I still recommend a check-up after purchase. I have only worn it sporadically and have not observed any major deviation whilst wearing it. Edit: please consider it in need of a service, whilst it runs great, the condition of the caseback seal proved poor as it broke whilst opening the watch up for a movement shot. Movement itself is very clean as can be observed from the pictures added below.

Crown: Omega signed, possibly original.

Bracelet: None. Comes with a rather fresh grey suede strap (with unmarked buckle) fitting the watch very nicely.

Can be shipped worldwide, although I would strongly prefer a F2F deal in the Netherlands given the value concerned and more importantly, the benefit of meeting a fellow OF-member in person.

No returns, please ask questions and extra pictures in advance. I am not making a habit out of selling, but I do have some - exclusively positive - references as a seller and buyer on this forum and could share more.

Plenty of references here on OF.

Price: EUR 675 (OBRO, net to me and excluding shipping)
    On to the pictures…
    tempImageWKRXUV.png
    tempImageYBhk5M.png
    tempImage2c86IV.png
    tempImagemD4QX5.png
    tempImageJWXvRX.png
    tempImage677NnB.png
    tempImagegxeIb6.png
    tempImage9wDxoq.png
    tempImageayzZLL.png
    tempImageK0kYE7.png
    tempImagewt390e.png

Edited Mar 4, 2023
    COYI, hlee, Zdzislaw and 29 others like this.
  2. Davidt Feb 19, 2023

@WatchNewbie2003 sent me a PM a few days ago as he’s looking for a similar piece.

Aludic likes this.
  3. JwRosenthal Feb 19, 2023

This is very pretty. Blue dials don’t always age well, this one has.

wagudc and Aludic like this.
  4. Paulomega Feb 19, 2023

Beautiful watch. Will not last long, I AM SURE.

Aludic likes this.
  5. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Feb 20, 2023

As several people have inquired about it... The case measures 35mm excluding crown. This watch is wearing slightly bigger as a result of its relatively large dial surface.

Scarecrow Boat and JwRosenthal like this.
  6. Nupero Feb 20, 2023

These dials are quite dynamic. The sunburst pattern really makes the blue pop.

wagudc and Aludic like this.
  7. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Feb 25, 2023

The dial really is the star of the show!

A1488700-809A-425A-940E-C0FCA3DB963D.jpeg
    A2DEFF9B-1540-4087-8417-CAF392344750.jpeg
    (And those 35mm don’t wear small at all!)

George.A, wagudc, perenowell and 6 others like this.
  8. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Mar 1, 2023

Much to my surprise, and that of a few others, I have received a load of messages on this piece... but it is still here. So, up she goes. :)

YYTIN likes this.
  9. YYTIN Mar 1, 2023

Maybe just not the right time.
    I have disciplined myself and deciding to sell before buying more otherwise this one would be already with me !
    GLWS : very nice watch and priced to sell !

bonzodog and Aludic like this.
  10. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Mar 3, 2023

Perhaps you should reconsider... Some offers in, but no solid deal yet. And, the more I think of it, the more I wonder whether I shouldn't just keep it. Finding another one will be really difficult!

YYTIN likes this.
  11. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 3, 2023

Withdraw it, sleep on it, wear it a bit more often and make a decision at some future date …. no rush

YYTIN likes this.
  12. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Mar 4, 2023

It seems like the last bump did encourage a lot more interest. Several people have made reasonable offers.

One member requested a movement shot. Which I happily produced and add below. Whilst opening the case to take that movement shot, the caseback seal broke which leads me to believe the alleged service might not have been that thorough. Please consider it in need of service as already stated above. The movement itself is perfectly clean with unmolested screw heads.

Lastly, to make things easy; price is adjusted to 625 Euro firm (net to me, excluding shipping).

tempImagets1b94.png
    tempImageO28HZy.png

The dial remains to be the star of the show!

tempImageHl6QJg.png
    tempImagetWAZk1.png
    tempImageKX9GQ3.png

Edit: I clearly need to work more on my photography skills. Within 20 minutes from posting the half decent pictures above; now OHPF.

Edited Mar 4, 2023
  13. wilderbeast Mar 4, 2023

Congrats to the buyer - that is one beautiful watch! :thumbsup:

Alex Cheers and zedlebowski like this.
  14. COYI Mar 4, 2023

Love the slate blue dial on that Geneve. The 613 is a nice movement with a useful quick-set date function. I have a similar 613 Geneve that was my first vintage Omega and I still really enjoy owning it.
    IMG_20230304_151800.jpg

theluckyluke and Aludic like this.
  15. YYTIN Mar 4, 2023

Congrats to the buyer & to you Aludic :)
    My good conscience has won :
    Capture d’écran 2023-03-04 à 14.49.40.png

Aludic and KiliWatch like this.