Forums Latest Members
  1. Elliott599 Sep 12, 2011

I just got my first Omega watch a Speedmaster Date 3513.50.00. :D
    As i work in the construction industry i cant wear my watch everyday as it will just get destroyed within 5 minutes :(
    Whilst i am at work i want to keep it an winding box to keep it fully wound up and as a safe place to keep it.

Does anyone know how much it costs as i can not find a price anywhere on the internet ?

Here is a link to the winding box on the official Omega website
    http://www.omegawatches.com/accessories/fine-leather/watch-boxes/7010310001

2. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 12, 2011

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new purchase! We have one in where I work, the RRP is £425, if memory serves. I personally think that a winder is largely unnecessary - it's so quick and easy to set up a mechanical watch from when it's stopped, I'd prefer to keep the money. I have several mechanical watches in my collection, none of which I put in a winder, it's never been a problem :thumbsup:

3. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2011

Most merchandise branded with the watch company's name is made for them and then they mark it up a full number (meaning they double the cost of what they pay to arrive at what they charge the consumer). You can pick up a single watch winder for under $100 on eBay. Just look for one that has an adjustment for turns per day, and set it according to what Omega recommends for your watch. I've had a 4 head winder with 2 extra cushions and a 5 slot drawer for 3 or 4 years. It was only $200.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2011

IMO get the cheapest winder that does the job, and go ebay. Your watch has a Valjoux 7750 movement, which is about as delicate and fragile as a VW beetle, as long as its not winding it continuously all day long, its fine (as above just make sure you get one with set turns per day).

Your Speedmaster will serve you for a very, very long time, and is likely far more durable than you may expect. :)

5. Steve Sep 13, 2011

I agree, I've never had a problem with resetting my watches, only with the Omega triple date which wasn't really a problem just a bit of a nuisance. You can always wear the watch for a few hours after work, and save the money from the watch winder towards your next watch purchase :thumbsup:

6. Elliott599 Sep 13, 2011

Cheers guys i think ill save the money and have a look on Ebay for something instead :)