Forums Latest Members

OMEGA WATCH CO. / PROJECT APOLLO 11 SOUVENIR BOX PORTFOLIO 16 X 20 PHOTO SERIES

1. Tears47 Dec 23, 2016

I have a set of pictures from the Apollo program and the moon landings that I believe were an Omega promotion. My mother, who was employed in the jewelry business, left them to me. They are in a blueish-black box with moon images (craters). The pictures are approx. 18"x14". There is a page inside the box that states "This souvenir box is dedicated by Omega to its friends in commemoration of the most sensational exploit of all times, during which Omega became the first watch ever worn on the moon."

I would like to know more about this item, and I'm looking to find out what it's worth. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Lisa
    [email protected]

IMG_8675.JPG IMG_8673.JPG IMG_8674.JPG
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 23, 2016

These large boxes ( 40 X 50 cm ) were indeed issued by Omega ( in 4 different languages ) as a marketing item in 1970.
    In fact the cover photo was based on a photo taken by Apollo 8 crew from 105 Km above the lunar surface. The exact photo was used as inner cover for the 48 pages " Man On The Moon " publication by the Space Division of North American Rockwell.
    Omega also used the photo as a cover for advertising booklets in 1970 and for the famous crater box...
    The large cardboard souvenir box commemorates the Apollo 11 mission but the autographs of the astronauts were printed ( comparable to autopens ).

Edited Dec 23, 2016
  3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 23, 2016

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 24, 2016

I have one of these unused and in the original outer box & also the box it shipped in. There should be 20 photos in total.

I paid $169 for mine a year ago.

Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  5. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 24, 2016