Forums Latest Members
  1. CaxEvangel Jan 21, 2020

Greetings!
    This is my first post, and I have been digging around to see if my questions have been answered, but to no avail. Therefore, I am posting my first thread!

I inherited a couple of Omega watches from my grandfather, a 1967 Seamaster, and this 1980's (?) Seamaster DeVille Quartz. The quartz watch has the 1342 movement in it.

I wondered about the numbers on the inside of the case (Star, 14k), which give the model as 1960101/3960001. I cannot find that model listed anywhere online. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

But what I am really interested in is the band on this quartz watch. It is the most comfortable band that I have ever worn, but I can't find out much information on it. It reads "Italy" and has the numbers 1294/260 on the clasp, along with some maker's marks. Can anyone help me out?

P.S. Sorry for the poor images. My phone's camera is all that I have right now.

Thanks,
    Richard OmegaWatchBand.jpg OmegaWatchClasp.jpg OmegaWatchClasp2.jpg

2. Dan S Jan 21, 2020

Welcome to the forum, that is an impressive bracelet indeed. In fact it is somewhat remarkable that the valuable bracelet has survived for so long, but it's great that you have this unique reminder of your grandfather. Hopefully someone will have specific knowledge about it.

Dr.K likes this.
  3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 21, 2020

The reference number is 196.0101, and a web search on that implies it is quite rare. I found one site that listed parts for that reference (Jules Borel) and a whole lot of nothing else.

1294/260 might be an Omega reference number for the bracelet as it is in the usual format. Likely a contract made in Italy.

Star is Star Watch Case Company, which is predominately USA, and 14k means, of course, solid gold, and the bracelet probably is too. The number that is not the reference is the serial number of the case in Star's records. Other than sentimental value, most of this watch's value is in the melt value of case and bracelet, which means nothing for you because you'll keep it.

Can't wait for pics of the Seamaster. :)

Tom

4. CaxEvangel Jan 21, 2020

I'd love to send pics of the Seamaster, but I gave it to my brother. I'll see if he can send me pics of it.