Forums Latest Members

Omega Warranty Repair Frequency - Follow Up Poll

1. bscmich Sep 28, 2011

This is quite unscientific but I am wondering what Omega's actual warranty repair frequency rate is? In other words, out of say 100 new watches sold, what percentage will require warranty work under Omega's standard owners warranty? Any acutal knowledge of this or even speculation would be appreciated.

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 28, 2011

I really think this would be extremely low. They would have their manufacturing processes very dialed-in, coupled with decent QA.

It's always the 1 unlucky person complaining the loudest. There generally won't be a thread for the hundreds of thousands of happy owners :)

3. ulackfocus Sep 28, 2011

I've only seen 1 minor complaint on the 8500 of all the websites I navigate. Most are thrilled with it's performance. The 1120 (ETA 2892 based) and 1164 (Valjoux 7750 based) had some great accuracy stories too. Very few horror stories on Lemania based calibers either.

Now the 2500 is another story. You can't swing a dead cat on most Omega forums without hitting a thread complaining about it stopping. Seems the 33xx chronographs (Piguet 1185/1285 based) had their issues too.