Omega table clock art deco help identification estimation

IMG_8747.jpeg IMG_8748.jpeg IMG_8749.jpeg IMG_8750.jpeg Hi, i have bought a art deco probably 30’s omega table clock. I need your help to indentificate clearly some point. I want to know what is this hallmark on the back of the clock and the years of production. And if it’s possible to have an estimation. Thanks you everyone !

Like 1
As you realise it's quite early, this design is likely late 1920s more than early 1930s IIRC. A large model too at about 30x20cm. These are the best.

It's missing at least its winder, which should be Omega signed and will certainly hold it back a bit. For the rest the condition looks good, I think the marks are on the glass, not the dial? I don't see any glass chipping either, which is a plus.

For value I'd say €500-600 as is. If it was cleaned, serviced and had its original winder €1200-1400.

I do see asking prices from a particular German Ebay seller who likes to think they've cornered the vintage Omega clock market at 3-4 times my high estimate, but I feel those asking prices are totally ludicrous and not really credible.
Edited:

Like 4
asking prices from a particular German Ebay seller who likes to think they've cornered the vintage Omega clock market at 3-4 times my high estimate,

^ this

I agree with the comments by @cristos71.

The clock you show was produced in 1928. The calibre is the Omega 59-8D (which started life in 1926) – in this example with 7 jewels (from about 1930 they had 15 jewels). The 59-8D was the main Omega calibre for ‘larger’ products for over 20 years and was fitted in watches and clocks of all kinds (both stem-wound and key-wound - like this example).

Many (thousands) of clocks like this were produced from 1927 until about 1930 - it was the style of the period. The clock shown was the largest offered (20 x 25 cm) and had the Omega reference 17.010. Other sizes offered ranged from 10.5 x 15 cm, 15 x 15 cm, 20 x 20 cm – with the smallest being 12 x 12 cm. There was a wide range of styles: variations of frame, dial, numbers and hands. As we see, this clock has gilded, raised numbers on a nickel dial – and the style is listed as ‘Cadran H’.

The case marking is a dove with an olive branch – which was the registered trademark of the “Fabrique de Boites La Centrale” in Bienne (Omega’s home town). La Centrale was set up by the Louis Brandt organisation to make their watch cases. More about this is available on David Boettcher’s website as follows: https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/swisshallmarks.php

Like 4
I agree with the comments by @cristos71.

The clock you show was produced in 1928. The calibre is the Omega 59-8D (which started life in 1926) – in this example with 7 jewels (from about 1930 they had 15 jewels). The 59-8D was the main Omega calibre for ‘larger’ products for over 20 years and was fitted in watches and clocks of all kinds (both stem-wound and key-wound - like this example).

Many (thousands) of clocks like this were produced from 1927 until about 1930 - it was the style of the period. The clock shown was the largest offered (20 x 25 cm) and had the Omega reference 17.010. Other sizes offered ranged from 10.5 x 15 cm, 15 x 15 cm, 20 x 20 cm – with the smallest being 12 x 12 cm. There was a wide range of styles: variations of frame, dial, numbers and hands. As we see, this clock has gilded, raised numbers on a nickel dial – and the style is listed as ‘Cadran H’.

The case marking is a dove with an olive branch – which was the registered trademark of the “Fabrique de Boites La Centrale” in Bienne (Omega’s home town). La Centrale was set up by the Louis Brandt organisation to make their watch cases. More about this is available on David Boettcher’s website as follows: https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/swisshallmarks.php

I love this place, the amount of collective knowledge here never ceases to amaze me!

Like 4
It’s art **nouveau** and not art deco, in keeping with other comments dating it to the late 20s.

-Art nouveau: organic, curvy lines evoking the realm of plants and nature.
-Art deco= hard geometric lines evoking the industrial realm of man made creations.
just look at the numerals. Art deco numerals are what they called then “modern” ie straight.
Edited:

Like 3
It’s art **nouveau** and not art deco, in keeping with other comments dating it to the late 20s.

-Art nouveau: organic, curvy lines evoking the realm of plants and nature.
-Art deco= hard geometric lines evoking the industrial realm of man made creations.
just look at the numerals. Art deco numerals are what they called then “modern” ie straight.

Thanks to @Syrte for the explanation.

This image is an extract from Omega catalogue F275 (1928) – (which I’m sure I must have got from @Tire-comedon). These two clocks have the same reference – and were just two of eighteen in this catalogue: there were still further examples in this period.

Presumably Omega were ‘covering’ themselves with both Art Deco and Art Nouveau? If the clock on the right (similar style to the OP’s) is Art Nouveau, presumably that on the left is Art Deco?

1928 Catalogue F275 a.jpg

Like 1