Forums Latest Members
  1. EDAGUIRRE777 Feb 27, 2013

IMAG0056.jpg Hi all.

Did you happen to know of any other companies helping or competing against omega to get this design in place? I have a few pictures that show a very simillar watch movement as the omega T17 and a waterproof design that had a few compartments. are you familiar with any of this? I'll send you the pictures and let me know what you think....... did we stumble upon the first design or a design made to copy the intended omega design. the company "Reliable store corp" sound like a very old company and just the fact that the omega T17 fit in the casing so well is leading me to believe something else was going on. There seems to no other information about the prototype and the final design of the omegar marine watch. I hope you can help and let me know if you need any other pictures. I managed to fit the original omega T17 into the final casing with out a problem and it was a perfect fit.... mind you, no cristal was in place. I'm really exited about this so any imput from you or any of your other omega experts would be greatly welcome. Call me if you'd like to discuss this in detail. or send me an email.

Thanks,

Ed Aguirre
    714-932-8767 in california :)

IMAG0036.jpg IMAG0044.jpg IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0048.jpg IMAG0055.jpg IMAG0057.jpg IMAG0050.jpg
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Feb 27, 2013

not sure. the swiss lanco movement is different to the T 17. the case is not a perfect fit for the omega. the dial can be refinished for this special company. as far as i know, more than 1 company tried these waterresistant cases. have seen an eterna as well. i guess it was the time, when swiss companies positioned themselves in a growing market. rolex had the screw down crown; others walked different avenues.... kind regards. achim

3. EDAGUIRRE777 Feb 28, 2013

Thanks for the input. I still have one lingering thought......... I spent hours trying to find information on the LANCO movement and the whole watch configuration and there is no record of it, or if there were other whatches made by the company "Reliable Stores Corp". I have asked other pros and I was told LANCO was eventualy sold to Omega. What do you think is the best way to find out information on that movement and design and how many watches were made to this configuration? You can see tyat the name of the company was etched on the casting but no part number was places on the movement. the casings had two- one on the base 339 and the cover had F3-1. Someone must have some knowledge of this design some where....... it was a very nice loking watch but i am sure it did not hold a seal as well as they had hoped :) I would just like to know who made the waterproof design and if it was ever tested.......Do I have a prototype or a mass prodused watch? Do i hold on to it or ............ nope, i'll hold on to it :)

IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0068.jpg IMAG0071.jpg IMAG0075.jpg IMAG0078.jpg IMAG0077.jpg