Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: The Paris 2024 Olympics Seamaster Pro 300M Diver In Steel & Moonshine Gold

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2023

[​IMG]

The Paris 2024 Seamaster Pro is a watch that transcends the event it was designed for. Not only is it a great Olympic special edition, this is one of the absolute most attractive Seamasters currently on the market as of 2023 and will appeal to a far wider market than any previous edition has. [..]

Visit The Paris 2024 Olympics Seamaster Pro 300M Diver In Steel & Moonshine Gold to read the full article.

Zman4eva, Alex Cheers, Syrte and 2 others like this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 15, 2023

It does have some nice styling touches for sure but it is a bit girly though eh?

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2023

I think it could work for men or women, certainly a lot of blokes have worn the yellow gold and two tone Yachtmaster white dial over the years.

I did mention in the article that it’s a bit of a miss that there isn’t a 37.5mm anymore as this could have been a watch that appealed to ladies a lot too but being 42mm only it will be a bit too bulky for most women.

Syrte and padders like this.
  4. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Sep 15, 2023

@dsio FYI, I'm seeing ads in the story even though I'm a subscriber.

Edited Sep 15, 2023
    Syrte and Twocats like this.
  5. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Sep 15, 2023

First, your review is the most in-depth review on this watch that I've read. Your admiration for this watch is supported by details, which when pointed out, make me appreciate the thoughtfulness of the designers.

Not withstanding the new appreciation I gained of this watch after reading your story, I haven't overcome my initial reaction to seeing this watch. It doesn't look wearable. It is probably very comfortable on the wrist, it just looks awkward, like seeing an old man wearing shorts.

Maybe that’s part of the appeal, that it's not a watch for the masses, that it will look fantastic on certain people at certain events. Maybe also, it's an acquired taste. I do like the raised waves, that remind me of the 2254.

It might just be the bond style bracelet. Not a fan of this design as it looks bulky, if not too blingy. On this Paris watch, the bracelet really stands out. It looks like the bracelet and watch came from completely different watch designs. Maybe if the bracelet tapered some it would look better, less bulky and less of an afterthought. Maybe.

This is a watch I want to like, but not yet. Your review gave me more appreciation for its details and warmed me to the overall design. It's probably a fantastic watch for anyone who will attend the Paris Olympics, and would likely be a great reminder of those memories. But it seems like a strange choice for the rest of us who won't be there.

Makesbelieve likes this.
  6. spacemission Sep 15, 2023

Top. Thanks for your time.

7. DrmexicoII Sep 15, 2023

Great write up Ash. I have to say I really like this edition. The flame seconds hand and the date font are my favourite highlights.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2023

Yea I do apologise for that, it’s a temporary thing we’re working on solving. We need to be able to authenticate users against the forum to remove them on stories but they’re separate entire websites with unique software on different servers. The upgraded version of OF that Trev is working on should have the ability to let us do this, and already has some added perks for subscribers in it like a dark mode and more in the future but we might be a couple of months away from being finished still.

pdxleaf likes this.
  9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 15, 2023

Not girly if you ask me ;)

Makesbelieve, padders and dsio like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 16, 2023

Thank you again for going to the trouble of taking those in-person photos for us, and for being an excellent wrist model!

DrmexicoII, Makesbelieve and Syrte like this.
  11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 16, 2023

Happy to help! Next time you need a wrist model, I’ll be glad to go try on the 34mm one below!

IMG_0963.png IMG_0964.png
    DrmexicoII and p4ul like this.
  12. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Sep 16, 2023

…..and take the watch home as full & final payment?;)

Syrte likes this.
  13. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 16, 2023

If someone want to do some crowdfunding I won’t object :p

p4ul likes this.
  14. Evitzee Sep 16, 2023

It's a nice looking piece, but hard to understand Omega's marketing strategy here. Only to be sold at OBs in Paris of which there are six, that means a tiny chance of getting one, even at a premium price on the grey market. But maybe that is Omega's strategy after all, a real unobtainium piece.

Syrte likes this.
  15. spacemission Sep 16, 2023

I've heard some guys in spain that have criticised this reference without having hold it in their hands.

16. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Sep 16, 2023

Also in the USA

17. Om3ga321 Sep 16, 2023

Beautiful watch but looks incomplete to my eyes as it lacks any gold highlights on the bracelet.

18. spacemission Sep 16, 2023

Also I've read it on a forum. These situations are worse than la patente de corso.

19. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 16, 2023

When I asked them how and when to get it, they said people were signing up for a waitlist and they didn’t know when they would get one. But that they would call when they get one. Sounded strangely familiar. I don’t know if all the boutiques say the same thing.

20. Spqr Oct 3, 2023

There has never been a 37.5mm version of the Seamaster Professional/Diver 300M. You may mean the 36.25mm "Mid-size" version of the Seamaster Diver 300m/Professional that was produced up to around 2012. There was also a 28mm version specifically designated as a "ladies" version too. I am told that Omega is likely to introduce a "mid-size" Diver 300M soon.

Edited Oct 3, 2023