Omega Stories: Omega Oreo - The 2nd Generation Planet Ocean GMT Ref 215.30.44.22.01.001

Top. Thanks for your time.
Appreciate it mate, this one was actually really interesting because there are so many improvements, upgrades and good ideas in it that haven’t really been widely publicized. It’s still a bit too thick at 17 mm which is an issue but the bezel and the watch itself is exceptional.

This is the first story of yours where I immediately went to the end to check the price.

I had no idea I was a rabid Seamaster fan.

That photo is also pure art.

Now to read the story...

Edit: This watch should put to rest the argument about whether Omega is a luxury watch. That dial with applied white gold and beautifully finished movement, not to mention the stunning ceramic bezel, sings luxury.
Edited:

Like 1
Why can't they do this, but with 100-150m of water resistance at ~13.5mm or less?

Absolutely beautiful watch though!

Appreciate it mate, this one was actually really interesting because there are so many improvements, upgrades and good ideas in it that haven’t really been widely publicized. It’s still a bit too thick at 17 mm which is an issue but the bezel and the watch itself is exceptional.

I have been waiting for a long time for the rolex guys to change the 24 clicks. I hope they do it soon.

I have been waiting for a long time for the rolex guys to change the 24 clicks. I hope they do it soon.
Yea it’s a bit annoying that the Rolex bezel design doesn’t even work in Australia as both the Northern Territory and South Australia have a half hour timezone. @STANDY and his mates up there are unusual but they deserve a GMT that works.

Like 1
Yea it’s a bit annoying that the Rolex bezel design doesn’t even work in Australia as both the Northern Territory and South Australia have a half hour timezone. @STANDY and his mates up there are unusual but they deserve a GMT that works.

I don't understand the gmt master II hype.

Like 1

There is no hours in Aussie central time… we live, drink and work 48 half hours a day.
Edited:

Like 1
Well, shoot, no sooner do I join the forums and login for the first time, and see a picture of my watch. The 'Oreo' has been great to wear, and I love its weight.

Great write up as always. Awesome looking watch but I can’t help but think the bezel would look better without the minute track. That’s my only critique.

The article is quite confused on the issue of the bicolour bezel. To start with the words “Rolex’s main competitor” suggest the Oreo is a Rolex. However the main issue is that the article does not explain the black and white bezel is so groundbreaking. All other two colour bezels are actually made in one colour then chemically treated to get the second colour. If you look at the Rolex “Pepsi” bezel under a loupe greater than 10x magnification you will see the divide between the colours is “fuzzy” or indistinct as there is a small amount of “bleed” between the colours. Rolex try to mask this with the engraved numerals. Omega however use a single piece ceramic bezel in two colours that is sintered as a single piece and requires no chemical treatment to display the two colours after it is sintered. It is a true “bicolour” bezel. The divide between the black and the white is razor sharp.

Like 1
The article is quite confused on the issue of the bicolour bezel. To start with the words “Rolex’s main competitor” suggest the Oreo is a Rolex. However the main issue is that the article does not explain the black and white bezel is so groundbreaking. All other two colour bezels are actually made in one colour then chemically treated to get the second colour. If you look at the Rolex “Pepsi” bezel under a loupe greater than 10x magnification you will see the divide between the colours is “fuzzy” or indistinct as there is a small amount of “bleed” between the colours. Rolex try to mask this with the engraved numerals. Omega however use a single piece ceramic bezel in two colours that is sintered as a single piece and requires no chemical treatment to display the two colours after it is sintered. It is a true “bicolour” bezel. The divide between the black and the white is razor sharp.
That’s a typo, it’s fixed now, it originally said Omega’s main competitor but was meant to be changed to just say Rolex for brevity but ended up a mixture of both.

I did try to focus on that aspect of the bezel being seamless whilst not losing any sharpness or contrast (the fuzzy effect) as that is indeed the key part of this bezel and what makes this watch so special. Its a remarkably well executed bezel, better than any ceramic I’ve seen thus far yet hasn’t received all that much attention.