Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: De Ville Byzantium & Rare Limited Edition Variants - Omega’s Best Modern Square Case

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 26, 2023

[​IMG]

While the Byzantium name is tied to the original dials launched on this model, what is less known is that the Byzantium did double duty for Omega, as a vintage styled platform for some of the most beautiful modern limited edition watches made by the brand.

Omega produced no fewer than four unique limited editions, which entirely eschew the Byzantium theme in favor of vintage 1950's styling. These watches are largely unknown and undocumented with few if any appearing in the west in the near 20 years since their launch. [..]

Visit De Ville Byzantium & Rare Limited Edition Variants - Omega’s Best Modern Square Case to read the full article.

Omegafanman, JimInOz, MtV and 3 others like this.
  2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jan 26, 2023

Great article and a number of variations I didn'y know about.
    I fell in love with the black dial Russian version.
    But is having two Byzantia reasonable? I definitely won't let my standard go.

dsio likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 26, 2023

I think the beautiful thing is even the Russian LE models when they have changed hands are going under 2500 usd, in some cases as low as $1700 usd. It’s an incredibly cheap price for a 1/150 LE that looks that nice and nobody knows about them. There are some coming across borders with wealthier Russians that I was seeing for sale in Poland, Romania and other countries too so they’re around just a matter of keeping an eye out for the right one.

I still want the Alamada if I can ever find one, its not the absolute rarest modern Omega but its close to it.

Omegafanman and Tire-comedon like this.
  4. MtV Jan 28, 2023

Thank you two for another entertaining and enlightening article - had never heard of the Alamada LE before.

Using the 3903 cases was a great idea by Omega and I would be intrigued by a white dial variant, if it wasn’t for the date window.