Forums Latest Members
  1. watchsk Apr 1, 2015

The Seamaster buckle is always the place I get the most scratches on the metal. I know they can be buffed out but can anyone recommend the best way to do it.

2. ulackfocus Apr 1, 2015

Do you mean the clasp on a bracelet or the buckle on a strap?

In the line of preventative measure, I heard that some people put a piece of clear tape over the clasp.

3. watchsk Apr 1, 2015

I mean the clasp on a bracelet. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 2, 2015

Using a variable speed polishing motor with the appropriate satin finish buff...

hooligan74 likes this.
  5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 2, 2015

For small stuff I use a Bergeon satin finish block. The medium one seems to work the best.

I also note that the plastic surface on my desk is hellaciously abrasive, so I have a clear Rubbermaid desk pad on my desk so my watch clasp doesn't get scratched up by the desk.

Tom

6. chickenman26 Apr 2, 2015

If you're trying to keep the clasp looking scratch free, one option might be to reduce the watch's exposure to things that scratch it. Repeated polishings could cause the printing on that clasp to look badly worn sooner than you think. BTDT. Especially if you wear the watch on the same hand you write with, consider laying it on a soft cloth while you're at your desk, and don't wear the watch when sticking your hands into places an expensive watch shouldn't go. I know this sounds like a pain in the ass, but those bracelets do seem to be scratch magnets. I wear mine mostly on leather or rubber because of this issue.