Omega Speedsonic

hi all
I have the chance of a one owner watch at a very good price and wondered if it was worth it - either to keep, or flip
price is £500

had a look on line at prices and they seem to be all over the place
plus they seem to be hard to repair?

Hi, before you pull the trigger I’d question whether this is a full set from the original owner. The warranty card is from the UK (country code 1061 and has address of UK jeweller) but the watch has a French day wheel. Perhaps there’s a legitimate reason for the inconsistency but I’d query with the original owner.

Does it work? 500quid seems to be an excellent price for this watch. Do you know the owner? Seems almost too good to be true Which usually means it is, unless the owner knows nothing about watches. Then again sometimes you just get lucky.

Be aware that the Speedsonic uses the same chronometer solution as the Speedmaster Reduced, that is to say it uses a DD module on top of a normal hummer movement. This makes servicing rather tricky and your options are very limited, even more so than with the Reduced in fact since you have the double whammy of hummer and DD, both are a PITA. Unless it is working well, I'd be very wary. It sounds cheap but maybe so for a reason.