Omega Speedmaster Vintage 60's Special Bezel (Medical Telemeter Decimal)

Really helpful comparison, thanks for sharing

This thread is very interesting, would love to get hold of a telemetre bezel. I wonder if the modern versions are still available in both metric and imperial...

I saw one pulsemeter for sale with a part number 082su1589te1 sealed on the Omega blister; does anyone knows if that one is the mile or the km version?

About time these alternate bezels are provided as an extra in the Speemaster's box ...

About time these alternate bezels are provided as an extra in the Speemaster's box ...

Where do you have this information from?

I thought the common understanding is that the special bezels (KM, Miles, Pulso, Decimal) were available as options and you could order your Speedster with one of those fitted. Never heard of alternate bezels provided as an extra in the Speedmaster's box. 😒

Anno 2019, IMHO the Tachymètre bezel is outdated... Putting an extra decimal and/or 60-minutes bezel in the box would be a great bonus !

Anno 2019, IMHO the Tachymètre bezel is outdated... Putting an extra decimal and/or 60-minutes bezel in the box would be a great bonus !

Ohhh sorry I misunderstood your statement. 😟

Regarding your idea, I believe as long as the bezel remains fitted onto the case the way it is now, there won't be any alternative bezel added as a bonus. Or Omega would have to include a removal- and fitting tool into the package as well. 😀

I would like to swap a Tachy bezel for a Decimal bezel on a modern Speedmaster. Have searched the web but not sure if Omega still manufacture and sell it as a service part or not.
Does anyone here know?
Thanks in advance.

I would like to swap a Tachy bezel for a Decimal bezel on a modern Speedmaster. Have searched the web but not sure if Omega still manufacture and sell it as a service part or not.
Does anyone here know?
Thanks in advance.

As I said previously in this thread, yes they are still available.

Just a small hint, but for me the easiest way to quickly identify the vintage Decimal and Telemetre bezel from a service one is to look closely at the number 5, as the service version protrudes and the vintage is flat with the upper part. Looking at number 4 can be a bit deceiving sometimes if you don’t have something to compare with.

Great info. I don't think I have ever seen a vintage decimal or pulsometer bezel in real life.

Feels like a doctor every time I get it on my wrist 😎

I knew about the existence of another vintage telemeter miles font bezel
now I can finally see it in my hand
3 flat top!
Hi @The Master of Speed, Please have a look at this, I still believe this above to be a service bezel even if it has the “short” E on the Mile version, provided as spare part at least to Italy. What are your thoughts?

Hi @The Master of Speed, Please have a look at this, I still believe this above to be a service bezel even if it has the “short” E on the Mile version, provided as spare part at least to Italy. What are your thoughts?

Hi JaV
100% Service