Omega Speedmaster Triple Date/MK40

Hello wonderful people of OF. I'm keen to get your insights, support, advice, encouragement on this
1999 Omega Speedmaster Triple Date/MK40 I've been offered for $1500 USD.

It's a very 'honest' looking watch, with some heavy scratches on the bracelet. Other than that, and without seeing the movement (the seller is private and not comfortable taking the case back off) it looks to be in ok condition, specifically the dial.

Without seeing the movement do any of you see any glaring issues with it? Are there any considerations around this model I need to take into account (I currently only own seamasters and constellations) and have only a novice understanding of this model.

I would really appreciate any advice, or support and thank you again for humoring my idiotic questions.

Thanks in advance!
Edited:

Very nice. MK40 has been my only watch from 1997 until I started collecting watches (around 2015).
I find it lovely.

Like 1
Hello wonderful people of OF. I'm keen to get your insights, support, advice, encouragement on this
1999 Omega Speedmaster Triple Date/MK40 I've been offered for $1500 USD.

It's a very 'honest' looking watch, with some heavy scratches on the bracelet. Other than that, and without seeing the movement (the seller is private and not comfortable taking the case back off) it looks to be in ok condition, specifically the dial.

Without seeing the movement do any of you see any glaring issues with it? Are there any considerations around this model I need to take into account (I currently only own seamasters and constellations) and have only a novice understanding of this model.

I would really appreciate any advice, or support and thank you again for humoring my idiotic questions.

Thanks in advance!

Did you buy the watch?

MK40’s are great, you won’t be disappointed.

I have two of them, a “Schumi” and a Japan Domestic model limited edition.

IMG_6834.jpeg

Like 3
Did you buy the watch?
IMG_6834.jpeg

Yes I did! Thanks to Dougwhiz's insights and encouragement I decided to go for it, it should be arriving on Monday morning.

Your MK40s are far more attractive than the one I'm buying but for the final price I got mine for ($1300 USD) I couldn't refuse. My dream Triple Date would be a version similar to the one on the far left of your photo... That's a stunner! ::love::

Like 2
Yes I did! Thanks to Dougwhiz's insights and encouragement I decided to go for it, it should be arriving on Monday morning.

Your MK40s are far more attractive than the one I'm buying but for the final price I got mine for ($1300 USD) I couldn't refuse. My dream Triple Date would be a version similar to the one on the far left of your photo... That's a stunner! ::love::

Awesome! That’s a great watch you got!

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Have a good weekend.

IMG_6900.jpeg

Like 2
It arrived today and it's 1000 x better than what I expected. The dial and case are in great shape, I resized the bracelet with a half sized link which removed the damaged link and made it look like new again.

I love everything about this watch: from the classic Speedmaster look and super compact size to the maxamilist dial and very reasonable price. Thank you for all the insights @dougwhiz

Like 1
It arrived today and it's 1000 x better than what I expected. The dial and case are in great shape, I resized the bracelet with a half sized link which removed the damaged link and made it look like new again.

I love everything about this watch: from the classic Speedmaster look and super compact size to the maxamilist dial and very reasonable price. Thank you for all the insights @dougwhiz

looks great! Enjoy it!

Like 1
Glad you like it. It looks great and you got a great price!

Like 1