Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Triple Date - 'Day display' rarely sits true

1. Kez Jun 15, 2018

Hi all,

I've had a few Omega's but all Seamaster's - I recently bought a Speedmaster triple date, 3523.30, 1999 from a local reputable dealer, a lovely piece that I like a lot. However, the 'day' rarely sits completely flush / true in the 'day window' .

ie , when displaying today (Friday) the word 'FRI' is not at 90 degrees and therefore you can't see the whole word. This annoys me. I have to pull out the crown and wind the whole movement forward to then get it to sit flush in its display window.

Has anyone had similar experience, has any tips on what this may be, or is it part and parcel of a Speedmaster triple date?
    A picture paints a thousand words and I will see if I can update the thread with one.

Thanks

Kieran

2. Vitezi Jun 15, 2018

Hi Kieran, welcome to the forum. We can't think without pictures, so please post a few of the problem you are having. The word should sit properly in the date window, so it would seem a trip to your watchmaker is in order. Do you know when it was last serviced?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 15, 2018

When was the watch last serviced?

4. Kez Jun 18, 2018

IMG_4675.JPG

Photo attached. The seller serviced the watch themselves (not an Omega retailer though) So I am unsure of the details of the service. I could find this out. But as you can see the day is not sitting in the window, and rarely does unless I wind the hands on to nearly midnight to get it to drop in then move them back to the current time - annoying.

Advice welcomed ! thanks

5. Screwbacks Jun 18, 2018

just check it in for emergency operation

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2018

If no other information is provided, then the only "advice" I can give you is send it back, or get it serviced.

7. Kez Jun 18, 2018

Good call. Taking the appropriate steps now !