Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster titanium Co-Axial?

1. Stufflers Mom Dec 31, 2018

I'm considering one of these Speedmasters and I'm looking for any user feedback on the watch, how it wears and performs and what you think of the colour?

Omega Speedmaster titanium 311.90.44.51.03.001

omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-co-axial-men_s-watch-311.90.44.51.03.001.jpg

Any thoughts are appreciated

Edited Dec 31, 2018
    VintageWatchIta and STANDY like this.
  2. CaptDngr Dec 31, 2018

I love the case, bracelet, and dial. I don't love that it's got the older movement (not Master Chronometer).

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 1, 2019

Solid piece if it speaks to you.

4. Evitzee Jan 1, 2019

Titanium pieces always have a different feel on the skin, I would imagine this would feel and wear well.

5. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jan 1, 2019

I really wouldn’t worry about that at all. My DSOTM has this older movement and three months into ownership it is the most accurate mechanical watch I have ever had...only off by one second per week.

Edited Jan 1, 2019
  6. OmegaSean Jan 1, 2019

Love it, I have a titanium PO and wear it daily, it's so comfortable and tough, few scratches on the clasp but the rest has held up well. I would definitely go and try it on walk around the shop with it on and spend some time with it as its an expensive watch.
    Sean

7. 104RS Jan 1, 2019

You should definately look at one in the flesh, the material and the size of the watch are not your average Speedmaster..

VintageWatchIta likes this.
  8. VintageWatchIta Jan 1, 2019

Nice dial and bezel color, but I strongly suggest to try it on your wrist before purchasing.
    It is a model that has to be try ;)

9. MG-Speedy Jan 1, 2019

I was considering it together with the DSOM. From photos I loved it, since I love titanium watches for their lightness and their lower thermal conductivity, what makes a great comfort on skin. And I wanted to have one blue watch. Was with both on my hands in OB for 2 hours, but finally decided for DSOM. It was for me more expressive. I was with the blue one somehow disappointed when putting on my wrist. So you definitely have to see & try one in real, before buying. Like @3nicewatches already said, I was not worried because it is not master chronometer, since it has already silicon balance spring and is therefore non-magnetic. Also my DSOM is extremely exact - whatever I do with it - on the wrist or not - it runs between +0.5-1.0s per day. Actually I also prefer less text on the dial, so I bought it before they renovate it. However I think, that the new ones (I think the racing is already master chronometer) are a bit thinner - for about 0.5-1mm. Check a bit articles & blogs.
    A lot of fun with selection! Mat

10. Stufflers Mom Jan 1, 2019

Thanks for the replies guys. As for the titanium I'm already (see below) sold, it makes wearing a larger watch that bit easier on the wrist.
    P1180960.JPG

And the Metas while it's a nice addition it adds very little real world benefits to the user other than being anti-magnetic.
    I've made an offer to the store and I'm hoping that since they have two unsold in stock they will accept my offer.

11. dinexus Jan 1, 2019

You pay a hell of a premium for titanium with Omega – more than many other brands, oddly enough. If it's the blue you've gotta have, I'd personally go for the Speedy Moonphase, which not only has that Master Chronometer movement, it actually has a lower MSRP, if you can believe that.

[​IMG]

12. Stufflers Mom Jan 1, 2019

A beautiful watch, but not available at the right discount level and without the bracelet.