Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. SSCOSMO Jun 14, 2017

I honestly don't think anyone should expect to get more specific information than what has already been discussed in this thread. Omega has made it pretty clear that the watches will be delivered in the July/August time frame, that those with reservations will be contacted when their watches are ready, and that they will will be given a reasonable amount of time to purchase it from their designated OB. Emailing them to ask if your watch is in this current batch, or for a more specific time frame, is at best pointless, and at worst, slowing down the delivery process for everyone (because a bunch of sales/service reps have to spend time responding to these emails) or making Omega regret this whole direct reservation approach (which I personally hope they continue to do). I really wouldn't be worried unless you haven't heard anything by the end of August.

eugeneandresson, Kmart, gbh76 and 5 others like this.
  2. omegasaso12 Jun 14, 2017

Sending question to Omega is probably same as sending question to OF.
    If you are polite, know how to say thank you and please and ofcourse you need to give reasonable questions, then person on other side will gladly assist you even more. Just like on OF.

fskywalker likes this.
  3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 14, 2017

I've found them very helpful and polite. I realise I am clearly fortunate to be in the first batch

fskywalker and Tet like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 14, 2017

Sounds to me like it still could, perhaps even the same time as MH82's. I'd say that was a pretty hopeful reply, even MH82's watch is still in Switzerland until next week judging by his messages so you could be one of the lucky ones.

fskywalker likes this.
  5. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 14, 2017

Ah, with all the excitement I thought I'd try contacting this Arthur chappie myself. Sent a nice friendly email, but the reply was the standard "the watches are being produced in small batches so it's difficult to know when your watch will be available".

Oh well, must be patient then, clearly not in the first batch.

shichinin and fskywalker like this.
  6. corn18 Jun 14, 2017

Dear Tom,
    Sorry it's not :(
    Watches are coming out in random orders... I know this is frustrating, even for me !!!!
    I hope that you will be part of the next batch!!
    I will email you when your batch is on its way.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Arthur Hery
    OMEGA International Sales Department
    Ω OMEGA SA
    [email protected]

Tet likes this.
  7. Soleith Jun 14, 2017

Had a wander down to my OB (Royal Exchange) today for a chat. Sad to find that Sonny is no longer there but met the new manager of the boutique and had a good chinwag with him. He said that they had 2 low number ST's arriving he thought this week but they didn't have any in yet. I mentioned that I would be away for a reasonable chunk of August and he said not to worry they'd contact and hold for the 3 weeks I'm away if no reply.

Also took me through some of the catalogue and talked me into expressing interest in the Apollo XVII 45th anniversary LE (not the gold one). Lovely looking watch, apparently coming sometime in the autumn.

Edit: This one: https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-speedmaster-apollo-17-31130423003001/

fskywalker and Mr Gadget like this.
  8. MCG555 Jun 14, 2017

Well, I feel sorry for Arthur: "When will my watch be delivered?" 2012 times... ! :eek:
    Common guys - its a couple if weeks now... :) Relax... ;)

Kmart, BenjaminT, fskywalker and 5 others like this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 14, 2017

I am enjoying the wait, as my money is compounding at an astonishingly quick 0.00034% annually as I wait for delivery :D

neilfrancis, Kmart, sensui and 5 others like this.
  10. pianomankd Jun 14, 2017

This.

I'm enjoying the non-rush of moving some of my other pieces to make room financially for this new masterpiece!

fskywalker likes this.
  11. BenjaminT Jun 14, 2017

[​IMG]

Soleith, fskywalker and blokk like this.
  12. fskywalker Jun 14, 2017

Arthur Hery from Omega is now on the #ST Facebook group [emoji2][emoji1303]

Soleith and semper_shells like this.
  13. sgrossma Jun 15, 2017

Seems like someone in the FB group just offered up their reservation for only $8500! Cheap :)

14. Maganator Jun 15, 2017

Saw that. This'll happen a lot I'd wager.

15. Travelhomedad Jun 15, 2017

Just saw it too! Interesting to see how this goes now.

16. KJH666 Jun 15, 2017

How can you do that, surely if you give up your allocated watch, Omega will allocate it to the first in the queue on the waiting list. Surely that profiteer would need to buy the watch and then sell it on for a fat profit.

17. Pibbow Jun 15, 2017

BobChris21 likes this.
  18. Pibbow Jun 15, 2017

As soon as I saw that post start I knew it was a bad thing. Such a shame.

19. fskywalker Jun 15, 2017

I beleive the offer is for reselling the watch for $8500, not selling the option to buy for $8500.

If buying at USA price ($6500 plus tax), so not so high if you compare to ongoing Snoopy prices versus original msrp

Edited Jun 15, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Jun 15, 2017

I do feel sympathy for those who dearly wanted the ST and will now see markup offers being made by early flippers. It is of course pure capitalism supply and demand, but it does seem slightly unfair that several true Omega Speedy fans could not have had these flipped watches at market price. Omega could have perhaps conditioned the warranty specifically to the original purchaser for the 1st year of warranty to avoid early opportunistic flipping, but I don't think legally they could impose this restriction, even for a LE, especially considering the worldwide market where each country has often very specific consumer laws in terms of warranty.

My memory may be failing me here...but I don't recall the Snoopy LE reaching US$13K immediately, right? I think as the market supply dried up they spiked up in price in a few months and then the continued demand vs scarcity kept them at that 13K price level.

In terms of supply and demand I do think there is probably a bit of slack in the ST market right now. A percentage of the reservations will be flipped early on by those that were looking to make a quick buck and are not confident in terms of future appreciation, or perhaps in this case an "honest punter" who, for whatever motive, has reached the conclusion that they do not want to hold on to the ST and have decided to flip early. Of course, if the watch lives up to or exceeds expectations and the actual demand out there is several times the LE run, the resale price will go up over time.

It will also be interesting to see how pricing on other appreciated Speedy LEs (e.g. Snoopy and XI-45) behaves after the ST is in the wild.