Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 7, 2017

Yes of course. It wasn't fit I was commenting on, they both use 20mm lugs and the same case so there should be no worries on that score, it was whether it was original fit for the ST model, which it isn't, so originality is already compromised to a certain extent which I was using as justification for using the much cheaper Bob strap.

jpizzzle likes this.
  2. MCG555 Jun 7, 2017

I don't think so! They must be stored and shelfed somehow - so there is at least a cardbordbox around it...

azcii and fskywalker like this.
  3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 7, 2017

I believe I'm in wave 1 (reading between the lines), however I've been given the impression that it's likely end of June/beginning of July for pick up.....

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  4. N1CK Jun 7, 2017

According to Robert-Jan the watches are being manufactured sequentially, with how quickly each watch goes through quality control being what alters the order they're delivered. So assuming QC isn't much of an issue they'll be coming out more-or-less in sequential order.

munichblue and fskywalker like this.
  5. Pun Jun 7, 2017

Yes dear. I think the watch will come separately packed and the watch roll will come separately. They may come together in a box like normal Speedmaster watch I got with big box with all accessories included in the box only. My AD opened the cardboard box before me with everything inside properly wrapped and settled in its place. Either way we will get our watch with accessories as promised in perfect shape.

munichblue, bouske and fskywalker like this.
  6. lillatroll Jun 7, 2017

My understanding from the question is whether or not the watch will be given to the customer in a box similar to other omega watches. I am sure it might be put in some kind of cardboard box but the main holder will just be a roll.( No need to get overexcited with exclamation marks.)

fskywalker likes this.
  7. azcii Jun 7, 2017

It's gonna be interesting to see.. Would be a pleasant surprise if it came with both a box and a leather roll :)

fskywalker likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 7, 2017

Got a feeling it will come like the below Red box with roll inside

image.jpeg

9. MCG555 Jun 7, 2017

Makes sense!

fskywalker likes this.
  10. fskywalker Jun 7, 2017

It does!!

lillatroll likes this.
  11. johnnyhayward Jun 7, 2017

The strap from Omega is £220 so £145 is considerably cheaper and there is the issue that Omega won't sell you a snoopy strap unless you have a snoopy.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 7, 2017

Is that from the horse's mouth since I have seen £180 quoted elsewhere as the current official RRP (not the ebay scalper price) and as has been demonstrated several times, some dealers will sell this strap without the ownership of a Snoopy, perhaps you aren't asking nicely enough ;)

Edit @Ewellblue may like to comment on this as he was one of those who enquired about the price in a AD and was quoted £180.

Edited Jun 7, 2017
    fskywalker likes this.
  13. johnnyhayward Jun 7, 2017

I tried to buy one last week from my local AD and that's the price they quoted from Omega. Omega wouldn't sell it though without seeing a warranty card for a snoopy. I was trying to buy it and the dealer were happy to sell it, just Omega wouldn't supply it. Hence I looked around for someone that would and found the post on here about it being made by jean Rousseau.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. blokk Jun 7, 2017

So who's received the delivery email?

Soleith and fskywalker like this.
  15. Ewellblue Jun 7, 2017

I spoke to Sloane street OB when I first brought this up and was quoted directly from them £180 for the strap and £180'for deployment clasp. Being a bit of a sad git and not wanting to get it wrong I called The Bond Street OB to double check and was given the same information, so unless something has changed in the last 2 weeks as far as I'm aware it's till the case!! At no point was I told I needed to own a snoopy to purchase the strap either.
    I've not got time today but I will call again tomorrow, triple check and report back!!

fskywalker and johnnyhayward like this.
  16. munichblue Jun 7, 2017

Funny, the whole thread moved now from cries of joy to complaints about availability to opportunities to save money through pick up location to speculation about date of introduction to the question of packaging.

The joys and sorrows of Speedmaster LEs - thank you, Omega ....:D

17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 7, 2017

and soon to be "how long before the prices drop on the used ones?" :D

fskywalker likes this.
  18. munichblue Jun 7, 2017

This would be a very wishful thought.... forget it!

My bet is that the ST will beat the Snoopy in demand and price long term.

This is not just an ordinary LE, it's a Speedy collectors dream watch.

19. MCG555 Jun 7, 2017

Personally I wanted a 2. Speedmaster for a very long time (I have a vintage one with silver dial). But somehow the thrill was missing with original moonwatch.
    Also I wanted for a long time a panda dialed watch - less so an inverse one.
    Then I saw the Speedy Tuesday LE - the first inverse panda dial i liked (!) - and BANG I knew I had to have it!
    This watch combines all of the elements, that make a desireable watch: a fantastic history, a perfect case and proportions, a gorges 3D dial and hands, readability and branding! ::love::

Tet, Travelhomedad, N1CK and 3 others like this.
  20. lillatroll Jun 7, 2017

Latest news is that the watches are being released in batches but not in number order from 1 to 2012 so it's seems it's just pot luck when they are sent out for delivery.

fskywalker likes this.