Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Soleith May 23, 2017

So... Damn... Excited...

2. herold May 23, 2017

Oh yes, looking forward...

3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

Bond St tell me that they expect further information on first deliveries in the next 2-3 weeks

Ricbo2010, fskywalker and Mr Gadget like this.
  4. Ewellblue May 25, 2017

Let's hope so, I'm collecting from there as well!!

fskywalker likes this.
  5. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

Shame they're not sending them out in number order, had hoped to be in the first 100 to receive but now might be last!

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Ewellblue May 25, 2017

Sounds like random numbers released over 3 different months, so a 1 in 3 chance to be the first batch. I'm not to bothered about the first batch as I'm still saving!!

Kja and fskywalker like this.
  7. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

I'd quite like it before my wedding at the end of July so if it's batch three (August) then it might lose its sparkle to be honest.....

Kja and fskywalker like this.
  8. MCG555 May 25, 2017

Are you worthy... ;)

fskywalker likes this.
  9. sgrossma May 25, 2017

I wonder what happens if you miss the AD call... like how much time passes before they re-allocate your watch. I'm sure this has been already discussed, but this thread is too long to look back.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. lillatroll May 25, 2017

I am sure you will get an email from Omega since it was done on line, even if it is just to tell you to contact your pick up location.

fskywalker likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 25, 2017

I would expect an email notification from Omega in which the details of when/ where the pick-up should take place are outlined. And I am sure there will be a time window of at least several days to arrange the pick-up.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. sgrossma May 25, 2017

Makes sense... and certainly hope so.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

Probably not

fskywalker likes this.
  14. eyecon May 25, 2017

I am assuming slim to none, but what are the chances those of us here in the U.S. can make a claim to our pickup location that we are paying more for the same watch just based on our geography. Sure there are import duties involved, but wouldn't there be in any country outside of Switzerland and not nearly high enough to justify such a high price premium vs. other countries (e.g., U.K.). Plus, according to Omega's website, the U.K. price includes VAT (20%) and the U.S. price does not. That makes the difference even bigger! Just curious if anyone has tried to make this claim on other products and if Omega is at all receptive to this. Absolutely not trying to be cheap, I guess just trying to make it more "fair".

fskywalker likes this.
  15. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

Given how much our currency (and therefore buying power) has decreased I think you should let us Brits have this one.......Fairness would to be to buy in your own region in your own currency, clearly Omega are attempting to make up for the fact that 8'd now have to pay a third more than historically to buy a slice of Pizza in NY.

Pibbow, MCG555 and fskywalker like this.
  16. eyecon May 25, 2017

While it is definitely unfortunate about the British pound, I am just trying to level the playing field. In my opinion, pricing in one country shouldn't have to make up for pricing in another country (excluding import duties). It should be the same price for the same product. Despite this, I am beyond excited to see this watch in person and am buying in my region and currency.

fskywalker likes this.
  17. lillatroll May 25, 2017

No harm in asking but you already know the answer.......something along the lines of ......bugger off :)

18. padders Oooo subtitles! May 25, 2017

I have to say, after decades of rip off Britain it makes a refreshing change to not be the one being screwed for a change. It does seem odd that the US price is so high but forgive me if I don't shed too many tears since prices even before tax on goods have routinely been way higher in the U.K. for an age.

N1CK, MCG555 and griz84 like this.
  19. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

I get that, but......
    Maybe Omega see the UK as a key market.....
    I'm more impressed that they seem to be sticking with the announced pricing....the rest of the range has gone up in the interim!

N1CK likes this.
  20. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 25, 2017

Anyway, back to the watch