Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Screwbacks May 21, 2017

omega dealers should report unclaimed units back to omega for redistribution per wait list.

2. MCG555 May 21, 2017

I think the message is quite simple: If you really want the ST and you only made it to the waiting list, you might get an advantage, if you would offer Omega to pay in advance. This just amplifies, that you really want it!
    It is consistent with the reservation practice on the 60. anniversary speedy, where you can make a reservation, if you pay in advance...

;)

3. N1CK May 21, 2017

Doesn't seem right to me that there's an official waiting list and yet OBs are subverting it.

sensui and Tet like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it May 21, 2017

I kind of agree but tricky to avoid I guess.

5. MCG555 May 21, 2017

Well, there is a saying in German: Better the spattow in the hand than the pigeon on the roof. ;)
    OBs and their Sales Reps have a quota to make by end of the year. The easier you can do it the better...

But yes, I agree, if the information we've been told is correct, it is indeed a bit strange philosophy...

At least they should ask the guys in the waiting list - in the right order - for a deposit or the like, if they want to make sure to sell them as quickly as possible...

However, I do not believe this will be necessary for this watch... ;)

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 21, 2017

Until I see the receipt for a ST paid in full by anyone it's a urban myth. :whistling:

Can you show us your receipt or some sort of conformation from Omega ?

7. Scepticalist May 21, 2017

Except none of these sales would count towards the OB sales figures or quotas, as they're not bought by the OB. They'd simply be making a commission on the sale of a pre-owned watch - one which I think they'd be purposely NOT trying to disclose to Omega.

8. MCG555 May 21, 2017

I don't know what you want to say.

9. bug1124 May 21, 2017

It won't be real to me either until I'm posting wrist shots in the WRUW thread. For reasons I'm sure you can imagine, I'm not comfortable posting that kind of detail in a public forum. It will have to remain an urban myth for now.

arcadelt likes this.
  10. BenjaminT May 22, 2017

It's quite a long way from Biel to Taiwan. Maybe that doesn't neccesarily boost compliance.
    I think, it's a conflict of intrests: Omega HQ wants to happen this as smooth as possible and get some fresh meet in the boutiques. Some boutiques might not be intrested in attracting internet hipsters from somewhere, flying to the best-value pick up location, but want to pamper their local affluent customer base.
    So I basically hope that there will not be too much reservators that could, unfortuneately, we are so sorry, not be contacted in time for a pickup, so that their watches had to be allocated alternatively.
    Maybe time to start bugging your chosen boutique to keep up with your interest.

MCG555 likes this.
  11. SSCOSMO May 22, 2017

I did not mean to spark a discussion on what OBs should or should not be doing with regards to the ST. My only purpose was to let those who follow this forum know that if you don't have a reservation or are on the wait-list, it doesn't hurt to check with a few OBs - they may have access to cancellations, though there may not be many of them.

That said, as BenjaminT mentioned, for those that do have a reservation, it is probably a good idea to check in with your designated OB just to let them know you are serious and waiting for the arrival of the watch, and build a bit of a rapport with them, which could help if things don't go exactly as planned. That's what I did this weekend. I would like to believe that distribution of the ST watches will go as planned, and everyone who reserved one will get one as expected, but I can also imagine a lot of things going wrong, from Biel all the way down to the sales reps at the OBs. At the end of the day, we have very little recourse if we don't get our watches. We have paid nothing, and we were guaranteed nothing, as stated at the bottom of the reservation emails: "We do not guarantee that the assigned or chosen limited edition number or any reserved watch will be available for sale."

12. SSCOSMO May 22, 2017

Does anyone know if the OBs have been notified of who or even how many STs they will receive for distribution to those that have reserved the watches? When I went into my designated boutique the salesperson said that they do not have any of that information yet.

13. jasonrchua May 22, 2017

I talked to the local Omega AD dealer here in Manila recently. They told me that Omega has not informed them regarding the distribution of ST or how many from the Philippines has reservation. It's more of customers and Omega Main Office relationship only. Ad's and boutiques are for pick up only. That is according to my local Omega AD dealer.

14. Riviera Paradise May 22, 2017

I find it highly unlikely that single good faith reservations confirmed by e-mail will not be fulfilled by Omega.

sensui, Pun, padders and 1 other person like this.
  15. Andy-germany May 22, 2017

Hallo
    Mostly i go for Rolex, but i also had a few wonderfull Omega Watches.
    I have two questions to the group
    I was so lucky to get a Speedy Tuesday confirmation, do you think it will run as good as the last silver snoopy.
    Do you think that somebody would trade the silver Snoopy to the Tuesday, or ist that not to compare?
    Regards
    Andreas

16. Mr Gadget May 22, 2017

I have a silver snoopy and I would NEVER trade for a Speedy Tuesday

( i also have a ST reserved anyway)
    Personally I do not think that the ST will increase as much but it is a beautiful watch, so enjoy it and do not look to sell it on at a profit. :)

Tet likes this.
  17. munichblue May 22, 2017

Why not? Make all personal details unseeable and show us the receipt. I'm with @STANDY and can't believe this can and will happen.

STANDY likes this.
  18. Maganator May 22, 2017

Emailed them on Wednesday last week regarding a change of pick up location. No response yet :(

19. Mr Gadget May 22, 2017

With me it is coming upto 2 weeks. :(:(

20. munichblue May 22, 2017

Maybe a good sign. Are they already preparing shipments?