Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it May 19, 2017

Ah that's useful, thanks.

2. mohcawa May 19, 2017

What about a brushed deployant clasp?

3. sensui May 19, 2017

True, I would prefer it if they went back to Omega to say the owner backed out etc and they go to the official waiting list following protocol....but as others may have mentioned, this may have been ordered by the boutique and allocated to one of the guys working at the boutique?

BTW, I use the snoopy strap and deployant on my normal Speedy pro and its a sensational strap....I was all about the leather cordovan on this piece but I might go this direction now that I see the photos. Looks pretty great.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! May 19, 2017

Like this? I think the PN is 94521893:

IMG_6650.jpg

Edited May 19, 2017
    mohcawa likes this.
  5. Pibbow May 19, 2017

I'm picking mine up from Glasgow as well.

6. glenn63 May 19, 2017

Over 6 grand nice!

7. patmoon89 May 20, 2017

Why would they even let the waiting list get that long? The entire supply of 2012 bailing almost 3 times over?

I guess they could say it's evidence of how popular this watch is

8. fskywalker May 20, 2017

Not neccessarly, might take a couple of days for them to respond. In my case they replied several days after I contacted them to switch my pickup

Mr Gadget likes this.
  9. Ru4scuba May 20, 2017

I would like to think this is wrong...but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

From a business perspective, it's a great way to test the market.

Pandas are all the rage right now and Omega would be wise to come out with some other version that is slightly different than ST and not LE...

10. e_shayne_b May 20, 2017

The 6k number comes from a response from Fratello watches. I had sent them a message on Instagram.

Why wouldn't Omega let people keep adding their names to the list? It's adding people to their marketing database... I don't expect myself or very many others on that list to actually get a ST.

11. arcadelt May 20, 2017

Perhaps they'll make more than they said. After all, which independent authority polices the number of limited editions produced by any company - none!

SouthernScot likes this.
  12. SouthernScot May 20, 2017

I'd really like to think that was possible, since I'm only on the waiting list, but I don't believe there will be a chance of that!

13. SSCOSMO May 20, 2017

Long-time Omega Forum visitor here, but this is my first post. I e been following this thread with great interest since the beginning. I was lucky enough to get a reservation for the Speedy Tuesday and look forward to delivery this summer.

I went to the Boutique here in Taiwan that I designated to pick up my watch yesterday and had an interesting discussion with the salesperson. It sounds like they have access to some extra reservations made by their friends or customers and they are offering those reservations for sale. If anyone is willing to pay up front, it sounds like they could have one of the reservations. This is consistent with the recent posts by another member in Taiwan who was able to get a reservation by paying up-front. The story the salesperson told me is that some of their customers reserved one but are either having second thoughts or decided to buy other watches. By the way I have never met this sales person and have never purchased a watch from them.

I won't comment on the appropriateness of this practice, but for those of you who do not have a reservation yet, you may want to stop by an omega boutique and chat up the sales people to see if they might know of a way for you to get one.

Screwbacks likes this.
  14. Screwbacks May 20, 2017

"The story the salesperson told me is that some of their customers reserved one but are either having second thoughts or decided to buy otherwatches."

were there over reservations? or, did they just back out.

15. shutterlife May 20, 2017

I would like Omega to increase the limited qty, you know, just like what they did with the gold Apollo 17. I mean why not? No deposits were taken. Sure there will be a lot of flippers disappointed.

Yes I'm on the waiting list, and I would still buy it if production numbers increased.

16. arcadelt May 20, 2017

I guess @SouthernScot is right. I now recall that the limited number of 2012 had relevance because it was the year that the Speedy Tuesday column started on the Fratellowatches blog. They couldn't change that now just because the watch is popular.

IMG_2622.JPG

17. SSCOSMO May 20, 2017

I was told some of their customers were backing out, so that's all I know.

18. blokk May 21, 2017

Guess the watches do not go to the waiting list then if they are sold this way over there.

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2017

There's a waiting list too so you'd sort of imagine it'd go to those guys first before being redistributed.

SouthernScot and N1CK like this.
  20. padders Oooo subtitles! May 21, 2017

I am sure you would but it ain't going to happen.