Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Humptymarsbar Nov 3, 2017

I think you have expressed it better so thanks. perhaps a choice of bands at a point of sale would have been a better choice. I think the band supplied is not up to the standard of the watch, but that's my opinion gathered from online photos as I haven't got the watch or strap!:(:)

2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2017

Nice one!

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 4, 2017

4. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 4, 2017

5. lillatroll Nov 4, 2017

Well, my sister got the call from the OB; my watch has arrived. She is going to pick it up for me on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh when I go home next August. :)

Travelller, Tet and Riviera Paradise like this.
  6. Bienne2998 Nov 4, 2017

It's here - and it looks great on a matte black racing strap (imho).
    Top schräg.jpg

To hoch.jpg

Travelller, Lou P, gippo and 12 others like this.
  7. nima0071 Nov 4, 2017

Edited by a mod Nov 4, 2017
    gippo, Maganator, Tet and 3 others like this.
  8. Bienne2998 Nov 4, 2017

:) ohh what a shame...
    by the way - it was my watchmaker who installed it....
    ...but i didn't realize it until now.....:rolleyes:

nima0071 likes this.
  9. Watchmutt Nov 4, 2017

Ah, sharp eye :thumbsup:.
    The black strap still looks great. I'm not sure which I like better now, black strap, brown strap, or bracelet. Someday if I ever own one of these maybe i'll find out.

Mtnmansa likes this.
  10. Mtnmansa Nov 4, 2017

You and me both Watchmutt, live in hope the waiting list bears fruit !

11. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 4, 2017

How on earth could they not notice while fitting it, whatever that is a great strap choice! Congratulations.

12. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 4, 2017

Hi

Took mine out for the day !!!!

463769-6b188d1f9ee743cb16a27637f75a538d5.jpg

Good hunting

Bill Sohne

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2017

Thoughts on the Speedy Tuesday Project

Things have really slowed down here. While there are people who are a still waiting for their watch (most of them live in Darwin), I believe we have reached a point where most now have their ST.
    It has been a long time coming, filled with great frustration for some and quick gleeful excitement for others. Some have been underwhelmed and have moved on, while others have had their dreams fulfilled or at least they are very satisfied.
    Omega made some mistakes along the way. The whole project was a bold adventure for them. I think they learned a lot. Will they try this again? I hope so.
    I for one am very happy with my Speedy Tuesday Alaska Project Homage. It is what I expected.
    Lastly I would like commend and honour the man who’s vision created a watch and changed a culture. Robert-Jan Broer, without him there is no Speedy Tuesday. Thank you RJ, you have gone where no watch nut has gone before. May you live long and prosper.

Edited Nov 6, 2017
    Travelller, jB1128, Lou P and 15 others like this.
  14. crl848 Nov 6, 2017

Although I was first to get a 2915 60th anniversary, I am still waiting for my ST - maybe it'll be the last one shipped?

15. Maganator Nov 6, 2017

I am one of the unlucky ones who doesn't have theirs yet - Edinburgh, UK. :(

Agree with the bit in bold though! :)

Pibbow likes this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2017

I was in your position until last Friday. The one hopeful thing I can tell you is once I got my watch all the frustration, worry and annoyance went away and I am enjoying it.

Riviera Paradise and Maganator like this.
  17. pascs Nov 6, 2017

Picked up mine today from the Omega boutique....in Qatar, most likely not many to be found here in this country :thumbsup:

SpeedyTuesday.jpg

Travelller, fskywalker, Lou P and 6 others like this.
  18. boltman Nov 6, 2017

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2017

BTW, I know of only 4 staff here that both ordered and received their ST. There could be others, but if there are they are not fessing up :cautious:

20. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 6, 2017

It's been really nice to follow this thread and read I think the majority really happy with their ST's, while of course always understanding the frustrations of those that have been kept waiting much longer than expected. I suppose the real blessing with regards to the wait was at least no money was required until collection, for those of us that live on tight budgets that would have hugely frustrating.

The other forum I pop in and out of is TZ, and I stopped reading the ST thread(or threads) there ages ago due to the overwhelming negativity. The main thread became a moaning about resellers, moans about the watch from those that were clearly building up to popping on ST, and general negativity to the watch. Then two more seperate moaning about ST threads turned up just to add to the fun.

It's nice to share in the enjoyment of a new timepiece, thankfully between here and the facebook group it's been a real pleasure. I was one of the lucky early ones but I've still really enjoyed reading peoples excitement collecting their own. Enjoy everyone, I think it's a classic.

red crowned, Ott69, JoRiHa and 5 others like this.