Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Timmert Oct 30, 2017

My watch fund is exhausted too, but this should be gone within the hour!
    Awesome for offering it on here :thumbsup:

2. tyrantlizardrex Oct 30, 2017

At this stage, given that no one in Bienne would commit to me whether the one I have ordered will even arrive in the UK this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see deliveries being made after Basel 2018.

I no longer think they don't know what they're doing, I just think they don't give a damn.

3. N1CK Oct 30, 2017

They just need to be open with people. It's better to give a date further afield and stick to it than give an earlier date and miss it. The trouble here is that Omega has so far given two dates and missed them and looks set to miss the third for many customers. Rather than the original 'available summer' line, and then the delayed message saying some would come in September and (you missed, "into October" :rolleyes: edit mod) now November, they should have just said 'deliveries will start in summer and be completed by end of the year' - then everyone would know where they stand and would be happy. Instead I think folks feel a little strung along. It's just basic comms really. Still psyched for the watch itself, just wish they'd been open about delivery dates and delays.

Edited by a mod Nov 6, 2017
    cicindela and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. pascs Oct 31, 2017

Finally got the call from the boutique that my Speedy is ready, didnt get any earlier notification from Omega by email but at least the watch is finally here. Unfortunately I'm away on business so it will be another week before I get a chance to pick it up but its moving forward :thumbsup:

5. shutterlife Oct 31, 2017

Got the news, I got picked from the waiting list. I will be getting it tomorrow. Yay, super excited.

cicindela, Mad Dog, Maganator and 8 others like this.
  6. Bushido Oct 31, 2017

That's fantastic, congratulations! Pics once on your wrist please? Sounds like there is the faintest of hopes left for us waitlisters...

7. shutterlife Nov 1, 2017

There is still hope being on the waitlist. Given time, I'm sure more are going to cancel or forget they even requested the watch. The OB told me the original recipient never responded to calls or emails. So after two weeks, they found it a new wrist. Thankfully it was mine.

IMG_5760.JPG
  8. richamby Nov 1, 2017

Beautiful watch, I’ve purchased 4 Omegas in the last year and can’t seem to get in on the cool offerings

9. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2017

Hi Everyone....

Well the Waiting list does work ! I got an email a few days ago.. saying someone in NYC area passed on a ST and I was next in line.....

I got it and for the NYC guy who passed on it thanks!! I think the person got a 60th Speedy so he is very happy !

My big problem is what to use for a strap the one that comes with it is too short!

any suggestions?

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

10. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2017

hi again

Ok so the leather strap is not long enough for a 8 inch wrist .... so I quickly removed it

I have a case of straps all long length but of different lug widths ...

So here is a shot with the contenders ..

IMG_6891.JPG

Upper left and right straps are all shell cordovans.

The lower right is a black Alligator made in USA ... and the one on the lower left is a used Patek long 20 mm strap off the bay .... the one that is on it is a one off customers almost hornback gator ...

IMG_6889.JPG

IMG_6890.JPG

Any thoughts ?

Good hunting

Bill

11. richamby Nov 1, 2017

Like to see it on one of the black alligator straps, if you are wanting to dress it up. The leather cordovans will definitely dress it down to a more casual look. They’ll all look great. Excellent selection.

Bill Sohne likes this.
  12. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2017

Hi @richamby

Thanks for the comments . It take years to get a good long strap collection to choose from .

Here is the ST ON the Patek strap it's a dark brown strap is what people tell me zz

IMG_6894.JPG IMG_6893.JPG IMG_6892.JPG

Ok so which strap to use on the ST

THIS ONE OR

this one
    IMG_6889.JPG IMG_6890.JPG IMG_6891.JPG

Good hunting

Bill

13. Aussie Jim Nov 2, 2017

Patek for sure.

14. Bushido Nov 2, 2017

I'm thinking the Patek for sure.

Hearty congratulations on the watch @Bill Sohne, very happy for you!!

15. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 2, 2017

I'll go against the grain and say the hornback looking gator. Not perfect colour but lovely strap and doesn't look out of place, appears a bit thicker too which I prefer.

cicindela and Bill Sohne like this.
  16. Watchmutt Nov 2, 2017

Congrats on getting the watch from the waiting list.
    Of the two straps I think the Patel one looks best.

17. richamby Nov 2, 2017

I like the darker Patek strap too!

18. KLB Nov 2, 2017

Thank you for all the interest - the watch has gone to a great collector!

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2017

What ? We have a great collector here?
    upload_2017-11-2_11-25-15.gif

Travelller, KLB, Tet and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2017

Hi

I like the hornback gator also as it has the weight !! I swapped the straps last night and is now on the PP strap .... for a little while....

I have only worn it in the house hahahaha

YMMV

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

Edited Nov 2, 2017