Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. shutterlife Sep 14, 2017

I'm thinking the same thing. Perhaps by Country? My OB said they got one from the waitlist, originally destined to Chicago, went to Los Angeles instead.

2. abrod520 Sep 14, 2017

Position on waiting list - if the watch is declined, it goes back to Omega

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  3. orlis Sep 14, 2017

no it does not. that's why watches that were not picked up are allocated very quickly to the new owner and already few people on waiting list got ST while those that reserved still did not get theirs.

4. red1108nyc Sep 14, 2017

I really love it on a bracelet! August arrival thanks to buddy Mehrdad!

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 14, 2017
    Lou P, Travelller, Timmert and 10 others like this.
  5. Tik-Tok of Oz Sep 14, 2017

I think it appears that not every OB is entirely consistent with Omega's policy regarding declined ST watches. Some send them back and some clearly are passing them on to local wait listers.

6. Traveler Sep 14, 2017

This should probably be in the 'unrealistic price expectations' thread.... but :eek:

IMG_0019.PNG

PhilN and Riviera Paradise like this.
  7. Riviera Paradise Sep 14, 2017

In the small print I read something about that specific version of the ST giving you dibs on Buzz Aldrin's upcoming #001 Omega Mars mission watch and a special edition of 50th Apollo 11 Anniversary with a 321 calbire, to be handed over in a special event organized by Omega, with Cindy Crawford or Daniel Craig as the MC:whistling:

Travelller likes this.
  8. Pun Sep 14, 2017

Sorry dear. Reserved customers will get their allotted number they reserved whereas people on waiting will get the random numbered watch declined by the allotted customer. Therefore reserved customer will have to wait longer.
    I feel declined watched are going to the waiting list customers residing in the same country to save on freight and taxes etc. already paid by the Company and that is substantial nowadays.

9. Watchmutt Sep 15, 2017

It looks great on a bracelet!

10. tyrantlizardrex Sep 15, 2017

I sent this on Monday:

"Hello Arthur,

I hope you have had a good summer.

Can you please advise when the Speedy Tuesday that I ordered is likely to be delivered?

Will the watch I've ordered be delivered in 2017?"

And got this back today:

"Dear Speedy Fan,

Thank you for your email!

I understand your frustration. If you could please wait a little longer.

I will send you an email as soon as it leaves OMEGA.

Let me know if you have more questions."

There are two things that irritate me about this response:

1 - Please call me by my name. You have it, it is in my email to you, and all the previous emails with you. I have a lot of email marketing experience, even with automated mailing you do not do this.

2 - I asked a direct question, and didn't get an answer. I would understand the response if I'd asked for a delivery date... I asked if it will arrive in the next three months... and got... waffle.

Oh well.

11. AK1 Sep 15, 2017

hahahaha! love ur response . Good news is, watches have started pouring into New Delhi, and I should get an email soon.

Besides im prepared to get this on christmas, till then, this thread keeps me busy.

12. lillatroll Sep 15, 2017

What worries me most about this kind of response is that one wonders if they even bother checking what is going on with each customers watch. I am sure they do but the impression it leaves is that some bloke just sends the same generic response to every such mail. Furthermore, some people have been contacted by OBs or ADs without anything from Arthur so does he really know what's going on.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  13. bug1124 Sep 15, 2017

On the other hand, there is a waiting list thousands of people deep that are waiting patiently for you to get mad and give up your slot... I don't like waiting any more than the next guy but complaining really isn't going to change anything. At least you didn't pay yet. I did.

Simmy and koch like this.
  14. AK1 Sep 15, 2017

you have paid to be on the WL ??

15. lillatroll Sep 15, 2017

Complaining about the weather isn't going to change anything. If omega follow this site, and I am quite sure they do, then such feedback should be taken on board so that they can hopefully learn to improve the customer service side of their business.
    A few examples of people dropping their order have occurred already because of slow delivery. That cannot be good for any business.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  16. bug1124 Sep 15, 2017

Not exactly. An Omega employee at my local shop helped a computer illiterate customer reserve one, then his customer backed out. I walked in at the right place and time inquiring about the ST and got lucky. Not wanting to lose the sale, my store gave me his allocation on the condition that I pre-paid (this was back in May).

AK1 likes this.
  17. tyrantlizardrex Sep 15, 2017

You think that people at Omega aren't reading this thread? ;)

As @lillatroll very rightly says, they are... as to whether they want to improve customer service... well, that depends on if they see this sort of thing as a problem.

Given the Snoopy fiasco, and that Snoopys are still being delivered occasionally, it doesn't feel like much learning is being done.

18. bug1124 Sep 15, 2017

Despite whatever shortcomings occurred with the Snoopy, the ST still sold out in record time. Let's not pretend that a handful of complaints by a lucky few (who have allocations) are what Omega is really worried about. It seems to me the people who never even got a chance at the watch (West coast US) might be a bigger risk to their credibility. Besides, if your goal is really to reach Omega with constructive criticism, I think directly contacting them would be more efficient.

However, I'm with you...I'm excited and can't wait to wear it! Hope it happens soon.

19. corn18 Sep 15, 2017

I got an answer to my question (what delivery location did they have on file?), so Arthur isn't all evil. This was sent to me on 9/12, one day after I asked the question:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 6.21.12 AM.png

20. tyrantlizardrex Sep 15, 2017

Oh sure, they sold out on the promise to deliver watches super fast... it would just be nice if they stuck to the delivery promises they offered, or communicated in a more human way.

I come at this from the angle of someone who's spent 10 years crafting customer communications, and building and engaging communities. :thumbsup:

Don't worry, they've had that too (not Arthur), and they know how I feel... they are very polite... and they understand my frustrations... but that doesn't mean that anything will necessarily change. :whistling:

Equally, that doesn't mean that I have to be happy about the level of customer interaction, or service being offered.

Nor do I have to be "thankful" that I got on a list whilst others were asleep.

The customer is often wrong... but as someone with experience of dealing with some pretty epic brand failures and PR disasters, (which I'm not saying this is), there are better ways to keep customers happy than waiting for the customer to chase you, and then saying "Oh, er... soon".

Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, and their own view on what good customer communication and service looks like - for me, the experience being delivered is not a good one.

Edited Sep 15, 2017
    Jking, Pun and Traveler like this.