Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. pascs Aug 25, 2017

I still think Omega would have been better to delay the initial release of the first watches so that there isnt such a huge wait for all the rest, hopefully I'll get mine sometime this year :D

cicindela and fskywalker like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 25, 2017

That's why I posted the below map in the "Please read Omega" thread, just so they know where Darwin is. ;)

image.png

Travelller likes this.
  3. Danlondon Aug 25, 2017

I'm no. 19XX and asked Arthur when I should expect my watch, here's the reply:

"Dear Speedy Fan,

Thank you for your reply. Currently I am unable to say. We haven’t reached the 1400 yet. So I would say not before mid-September.

Thank you for your patience".

Seems like the process isn't entirely random? Either way it's another month for me :(

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 25, 2017

Aside from the great angst this process has created among many of the late waiting reservation holders,
    I don't think Omega appreciates the trouble and aggravation it is to have to carefully check one's email and messages each day
    for fear of missing the notification or something going wrong, over a 4 month period ;
    an action that only magnifies the anxiety for some.

I realize that some take the whole thing in stride and don't give it a second thought. That's great. But I try to have some compassion for those that are less able to cope. For some this is the biggest purchase of their life and no small affair to say the least. I'm hoping this whole thing ends up at least by the end of September as informally promised.

pascs and fskywalker like this.
  5. lillatroll Aug 25, 2017

I think Omega would have learned by now. Dont say June, July, August, September if you can t deliver. If they had given a more general time frame; Summer/Autumn then people would be less hopeful of getting their watches. Personally I think that with LEs they should make them all first then release them, especially for LEs with a relatively low production run.

6. joe3nyc Aug 25, 2017

I totally agree! I'm waiting for 19XX

7. pascs Aug 25, 2017

Mine is number 663 and I've heard nothing so far (have recently received the magazine) but I live in a country where I assume I'm probably the only person to have ordered one so I was always expected it to be latter rather than sooner

fskywalker likes this.
  8. semper_shells Aug 25, 2017

I've accepted that my first Speedmaster is going to be the last one out and therefore the biblical prophecy of "the first shall be last and the last shall be first" will be fulfilled. lol :)

Tet likes this.
  9. tyrantlizardrex Aug 25, 2017

I'm just relieved they didn't ask for a full deposit... at this stage they'd have been sat on more than £8million of customers cash... with no end delivery dates in sight.

Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over, since none of us are out of pocket, but man alive, it's not a good customer experience.

The goals should be to always under promise, and over deliver... if you can't do something to a time scale, don't tell the customer you can.

Bienne2998 and semper_shells like this.
  10. Bienne2998 Aug 25, 2017

Keep cool guys. My number is 01xx and I live 20 miles away from bienne... but no message so far...
    I regard it as some kind of mindfulness and patience training...
    but I have to admit - it's a hard training...

Travelller, Marku, Lou P and 3 others like this.
  11. semper_shells Aug 25, 2017

As we used to say in the military "character building". lol

Travelller, Pibbow, Bushido and 2 others like this.
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 25, 2017

I understand the frustration, but keep in mind this is a Fratello-driven project that Omega took on, vs a full Omega project. So just the fact that they were willing to do it is an unexpected gift to the Omega community.

Now the 60th Anniversary watches on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Travelller likes this.
  13. tyrantlizardrex Aug 25, 2017

Interviewed Robert-Jan a few weeks back... will be publishing on 22/09/17 - it's an Omega project with involvement from Fratello (Fratello aren't in the factories running things, or making timeline commitments that they then aren't sticking to).

It's a cool project... but I'm not sure I'd call something that's putting £8million plus on their ledgers a gift ;)

There's still really no reason for any brand to make promises they can't keep...

14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 25, 2017

Interesting. So Omega drove it, and brought in Fratello to consult on it, vs Fratello going to Omega and pitching it as a project? I guess I can wait 4 weeks to read about it, as I am waiting for #ST and 60th anyways.::book::

I am curious though about your closing sentence. Did Omega really promise an earlier delivery? I know they indicated an 'expected' delivery time frame, but is that the same thing as a 'promise'. Yeah, splitting hairs here... But it's a good way to kill time while waiting :cool:

Tet likes this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Aug 25, 2017

It would be fair to say team effort.

Bear in mind Fratello are are writers, omega make watches...

And hear... not read ;)

They could have said "before the end of 2017". They knew if they did people would flip out. They've been making watches a long time and knew what else was in production this year.

It's just poor.

But whatever.

It shows when it shows.

No one died.

Pun likes this.
  16. corn18 Aug 25, 2017

I'm waiting on two watches right now: a bespoke aviator watch designed after the A-13A 8 day cockpit clock I flew with for many years and the #ST #017. Spots are all ready in the watch box. In the meantime, I've been buying all sorts of other watches and accessories and that keeps me satiated.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.33.41 PM.png

I've also got 4 watches locked up in the safe to see if they are safe to sell. Might sit there for a few months until I am sure I can live without them.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.36.50 PM.png

And I'm actively searching for a Silver Snoopy and an IWC Top Gun ref 377901

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.37.46 PM.png

And debating whether to drop $1200 on a box for my Lange 1:

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 7.58.59 AM.png

So all in all, I have enough distractions to keep my mind off the #ST.

Travelller, PhilN and fskywalker like this.
  17. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Aug 25, 2017

I know it seems easy for me to say this having had mine delivered already, but for all the stick Omega seem to have been getting here and elsewhere(more elsewhere to be fair) is the criticism perhaps a little premature. We do still have 4 weeks remaining of Summer and I do think the factory has a near shut down for Summer holidays, they could really ramp it up and get most orders fulfilled within that Summer period yet(unlikely perhaps but possible), most of the remaining watches could be near completion and just minor finishing touches/QC required hopefully.

It's horrible waiting for stuff(I lived abroad for 3 years where even a video game would typically take 6 weeks to snail through the postal system), especially when you see them appearing elsewhere without any news. But I don't think currently Omega are too far off with their suggestion of ETA, a bit on the late side but with production there are always delays likely.

Anyway all that aside I do sympathise with you lot waiting, certainly understand but only hope for most of you the wait proves more than worthwhile when those ST's do arrive. Good luck all:thumbsup:

fskywalker likes this.
  18. tyrantlizardrex Aug 25, 2017

I think it's the not great communication that gets to a lot of people... I wouldn't be too surprised if watches are still being delivered into 2018.

First world problems: not knowing when your £4100 watch is going to show up. ::facepalm1::

Travelller and dougiedude like this.
  19. Ewellblue Aug 25, 2017

I paid £252 for both the strap and clasp!

20. Meanjohnbrown Aug 25, 2017

To all those waiting - as difficult as it is :))....

just think if u had woken up late on the whatever of January - like many of us - u too could be on the voluminous waiting list ...............watching this forum and wishing and waiting for someone to post "I am going to pass on this watch/the legibility is poor/spent my funds on a grail etc".....

U "listers" will get your watches (and good luck and enjoy them)

I might - I still have hopes and think I hit the list within 30 minutes of it going up. In reality I accept I am probably a wishful fool....

Looking forward to hear when the first "waiter" gets the call