Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. naryfx Jul 28, 2017

Ah, I actually like it on that bracelet, thought the polished parts of the bracelet would clash too much... definitely looks sharp though.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. scbr215 Jul 28, 2017

The more I see that watch on steel, the more I like it... And here I just spent money on a Snoopy strap....

fskywalker and Wingbeat like this.
  3. Enherre Jul 29, 2017

Got mine yesterday:)

IMG_1316.JPG

Travelller, Lou P, KLB and 12 others like this.
  4. mrdata Jul 29, 2017

Oha! Looks very good to me!! Love my Speedy on this bracelet (it's my favorite bracelet there, and I have done some tests ;) )

Markus, what do you think? :D

fskywalker likes this.
  5. scbr215 Jul 29, 2017

I need help. I am being offered a awesome condition 145.022 transitional speedy. I LOVE the vintage look of the Speedy more then I can say. But if I go forward with the purchase, I won't be able to get the Speedy Tuesday. Is there anyone on this forum that has both that could offer their honest assessment as to what they prefer more?

fskywalker and cpl like this.
  6. Wingbeat Jul 29, 2017

May i ask how much you payed for the snoopy strap and clasp?

Actually the more I see it on the brown strap the more I like it. I'm not a fan of the newer bracelets with parts polished links. A fully brushed bracelet such as the 1171 (a bit on the flimsy side) or the "grail" solid link bracelet 1450 is in my opinion perfect for this watch. To bad its very hard to get a hold of the 1450....

Picture from fratello:
    [​IMG]

7. scbr215 Jul 29, 2017

I paid 440 for both. Though I opted for a brushed clasp at 18mm.

fskywalker likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 29, 2017

That's personal preference. You also need ask yourself do you want to pay the premium for a transitional when you can get a -71 just missing the AML and a minor bezel change, or later with out the step for much less.

The look and price of the transitional are going to matter to.

fskywalker likes this.
  9. scbr215 Jul 29, 2017

Yeah it's a tough call, and you bring up some great points. The transitional is one of the more correct and excellent condition of that era that I've seen. I think what's really hard is not being able to see the Speedy Tuesday in person. Sometimes you just need to have the watch in hand in order to make the best decision....

fskywalker likes this.
  10. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 29, 2017

Personally I'm happy with the 1171 with 633 end links, I don't think I could live with the exposed edges of the lugs(one of my pet hates with certain watches on leather) on the above option.

[​IMG]

Having said that I do like the looks of the modern bracelet from pianomankd, the polished edges and centres don't seem to stand out much. Nice to have plenty of options, something for everyone.

And yes the supplied brown strap isn't bad at all once you get over the initial disappointment, you really need to try it, also it's lovely and soft to wear.

11. cpl Jul 29, 2017

Without a question the 145.022 transitional. True vintage vs faux vintage.

12. scbr215 Jul 29, 2017

That's what I'm leaning towards :) looks like I'm going to make someone on the waitlist extremely happy!!

fskywalker and cpl like this.
  13. MCG555 Jul 29, 2017

Difficult to tell; you know I'm not a braclet guy... :cool:

fskywalker and mrdata like this.
  14. Ewellblue Jul 29, 2017

Another picture of the trio on different straps, still waiting for the snoopy strap to arrive!!

IMG_1577.JPG

Travelller, cpl, Mcurreri and 3 others like this.
  15. N1CK Jul 29, 2017

How folks finding the OEM leather strap?

My original thought was it seemed thin and plasticy, but from recent photos my opinion is shifting a little.

Im definitely a strap guy, wondering whether to run with the OEM or get in a new thicker two-stitch strap on either a lighter brown or black.

fskywalker likes this.
  16. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 29, 2017

Is actually a nice strap, I like it now I've accepted it. It's thin but feels lovely quality rather than cheap thin if that meshes sense. Mine will be used in rotation.

N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 29, 2017

Going for a thicker SNPR strap.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

MCG555 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  18. pianomankd Jul 29, 2017

Really love my Army green cordura strap on this thing:
    IMG_2466.jpg

PhilN, MCG555, mrdata and 5 others like this.
  19. N1CK Jul 29, 2017

Thanks! I think I'll have to run with it and then see how I feel :)

Something I've picked up on a few people saying is the face and bezel are more grey than black, is that the case?

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  20. Wingbeat Jul 29, 2017

I never thought of the exposed lugs with the 1450, but now when you mentioned it, it's hard to unsee! Man, the 1171 looks really really nice on the speedy.

The 1171 seems to be easier to get hold of, does it fit straight out of the box with 633 end links? Any idea how the quality and feel is compared to newer bracelets? What price can one expect to pay?

fskywalker likes this.