Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 27, 2017

Wow. Looking at how bad their QC is, I don't mind waiting mine for a few more months, as long as I get mine in good shape.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 27, 2017

Are you kidding? That's a $20,000. one off watch :D

3. semper_shells Jul 27, 2017

As weird as it sounds I think I would keep it. Lol

Linzer and fskywalker like this.
  4. Linzer Jul 27, 2017

So far they've released a few custom editions. Dusty dial, oil on hands, missing lume. What's next?

5. fskywalker Jul 27, 2017

::facepalm1::

pianomankd and MCG555 like this.
  6. sarir97 Jul 27, 2017

Just wow. These are now selling for 2+K above retail. [emoji15]

fskywalker likes this.
  7. Pun Jul 27, 2017

We expect a response from Omega about such shabby QC with much hyped Limited Edition watch. Robert Jan, please explain this here on your initiated thread please.

fskywalker likes this.
  8. scbr215 Jul 27, 2017

[emoji10] [emoji10] [emoji10]

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Linzer Jul 27, 2017

I'm pretty sure RJ has nothing to do with this. Unfortunately shit happens and surely Omega will make it right.

Foo2rama, fskywalker and scbr215 like this.
  10. Pun Jul 27, 2017

I'm ready to take delivery even next year provided Omega put their house in order first and promise a top quality Swiss watch, as is expected from them, to all patiently waiting people. They should know that this might be a great collectors watch in future.

fskywalker and AK1 like this.
  11. Pun Jul 27, 2017

My dear, he initiated the project; he must see that it finished as expected. No doubt Omega people are to be blamed squarely but I'm trying to involve an outsider, who is very much a part of the entire project, to act on our behalf and see that we get what he promised us on their behalf!! That's a gentleman's commitment.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. AK1 Jul 27, 2017

Totally agree with this. QC should wake up. Defective pieces should be replaced. Lastly mine should come in december to beat the hurried roll out.

fskywalker and Pun like this.
  13. cpl Jul 27, 2017

Relax. RJB is well aware of this one example and has offered to intervene if it can't be resolved. I have no doubt that Omega will be replacing it (or the dial) under warranty. Similarly with any other QC issues.

fskywalker and Linzer like this.
  14. Pun Jul 27, 2017

Okay. Perhaps Omega representative is on board with us. That's good. Thanks

fskywalker and cpl like this.
  15. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 28, 2017

Don't be stupid, he has nothing at all to explain. Manufacturing or quality issues are Omega's responsibility alone, not his. That is unless I have misunderstood and RJB pops over to Bienne at the weekends and puts the ST together. That would explain the delays.

Linzer, tyrantlizardrex, TJH and 6 others like this.
  16. MCG555 Jul 28, 2017

Why should Robert-Jan explain something? Have a grip of yourself. ::screwloose::
    Where work is been done, failers will happen. They are, after all, and hopefully you too, human beings!
    I would expect that around 500 have been delivered up to now! Only a handful of them had issues... ::facepalm1::

Foo2rama, BenjaminT and fskywalker like this.
  17. Pun Jul 28, 2017

I'm sorry I don't understand these self apologists.
    Omega being a premier Swiss watch maker, making only 2012 pieces, taking own time to make and deliver, can't just figure out that a lume is missing at 11! Or some dirt or oil is left on dial or hand. These are very basics of a final passage in any Quality Control system. And they are charging their own price as well. We deserve a perfect watch to say the least. Period.

Ssunnylee24 and fskywalker like this.
  18. ivan.hubert.tan Jul 28, 2017

I agree that Robert-Jan should not be blamed for Omega's issue.

Assuming that we have 500 delivered and two with issues. That is 0.4% defective rate.

I guess Omega's production house cannot be qualified as a six sigma production house.

19. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 28, 2017

The 'self apologists' are pointing out that you are demanding that RJB intervene to fix quality control issues in the production and QC process. You may as well ask the Pope to help for all the good it will do. What exactly is a 'self apologist' anyway? Are you suggesting that everyone who has replied actually works for Omega and are making excuses? When you post nonsense, don't expect there to be dozens of back slapping shouts of agreement.

20. pianomankd Jul 28, 2017

To put this thread back on track; I'm leaving in an hour to head to my OB to pick up my #ST!! Can't wait to show off some pics!

watchme, cpl, MCG555 and 11 others like this.