Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. chows99 Jun 28, 2017

With such a low seller rating, I won't take him seriously unless he's active in OF.

donsaimon likes this.
  2. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 28, 2017

I think you're probably correct here, you lot are certainly on the ball.

3. chunkythebulldog Jun 28, 2017

Did I read somewhere that the caseback should always be alligned and square when screwed down as RJ's is off centre

IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0835.JPG

N1CK likes this.
  4. MCG555 Jun 28, 2017

Difficult! It's basically a screw. As a 1. prio you want it tight - not aliged... ;)

5. chunkythebulldog Jun 28, 2017

Not according to RJ's first post in this thread ;)

"Although it is a screw-in caseback, it is always in the same fixed position in such way that the text is aligned (top starts at 12 o’clock) correctly"

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jun 28, 2017

For what's in it for OB's, i asked mine... they said "same as any other watch". The buy at list, sell at retail, make the "usual" margin. Which is all Omega's money anyway. Looks like there is no ST-specific commissioning setup of any kind.

fskywalker and amiga500 like this.
  7. Soleith Jun 28, 2017

It's a really bad listing, says automatic, also if i search for speedy tuesday from the ebay homepage it doesn't return since he's only got speedytuesday (one word) in the listing. Also as others have noted, he has next to no real ebay feedback, coupled with the fact he doesn't have the watch in his possession, the listing screams avoid imo and I'd expect the final sale price to reflect that.

Tet likes this.
  8. Hans the Wolf Jun 28, 2017

I have also ordered one after reading the Fratellowatches article :) I am familiar with the bracelet as my 145.022-76 has one.

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 28, 2017

Perhaps he simply went to have his own caseback with number swapped over onto the prototype he has been wearing(wouldn't be surprised if that was the agreement), hence the lug scratches and the fact the caseback is misaligned. Once you unscrew & remove the back is near impossible to get it to screw back into the exact same position.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. Puma Jun 28, 2017

Don't think so, as the prototypes don't have a serial number on the lug as far as I can recall.

tyrantlizardrex, fskywalker and Tet like this.
  11. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 28, 2017

The don't, they had 'not for sale' instead

fskywalker likes this.
  12. SteveHarris Jun 28, 2017

I don't think this ebay one will be a good gauge... I wouldn't bid on it even if I desperately wanted it... low feedback and doesn't even have the watch.

Hasn't stopped some though. Already over RRP.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 28, 2017

Oh you're right, forgot that. But strange then what with his comment shared above.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. Puma Jun 28, 2017

As already said by others, I think RJ got his watch earlier but held it back due to marketing reasons. The strap of his 13/2013 looks like it has been changed a few times - scratches on the lugs indicate this too. The box also looks like it has been handled quite a bit.

fskywalker likes this.
  15. BenjaminT Jun 28, 2017

You are 100% right, for sure. There was probably a sort of launch event weeks ago, when he was in Biel.
    We are all background actors in a marketing play. You have to enjoy that, though - or not.

fskywalker and pianomankd like this.
  16. brockburst Jun 28, 2017

So beautiful

fskywalker likes this.
  17. Smspectre Jun 28, 2017

Just had the call today. My St will be here within the week.

munichblue, Pibbow, AK1 and 7 others like this.
  18. Soleith Jun 28, 2017

This is crazy, I wonder if he read the forum posts here and realised his mistake but then didn't realise that there is a third option besides automatic and quartz!!!

One wonders at the "This is a genuine sale by a genuine watch collector/investor." who also says "Famous manual-winding chronograph movement that was worn on the Moon" and then corrects his earlier mistake to say it's a quartz?!?!?!

Even so, listing is still up to 6400 sheets... I need a good facepalm meme right about now...

lando and fskywalker like this.
  19. cpl Jun 28, 2017

RJB has said Omega HQ are keeping a tight rein on how they get re-allocated. OB/AD won't be allowed to resell to preferred customers. Exactly how HQ work out the logistics is something they haven't elaborated on. I suspect the OB/AD can only register the sale to the allocated buyer and need to report any unsold ones back to HQ.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. amcogrady Jun 28, 2017

Congrats, where are you collecting from?

fskywalker likes this.