Forums Latest Members
  1. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

Hello could some of you help me with a realistic value on a Snoopy award watch. Bought the watch to wear but just like to wear my Submariner more since it was a gift from my wife. Its in great condition but does have a few light abrasions on the what appears to be plastic cover. Watch runs great. Does not have box or any paperwork but have had the back pulled and checked. It is also serial numbers on the watch back. 25*2/5441. Was going to list on eBay but the fees are so high. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Ive listed some photos. Thanks in advance.

IMG_4801.JPG IMG_5499.JPG IMG_5500.JPG IMG_5501.JPG
    Mr Gadget likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 10, 2017

How much did you pay when you bought it? That would be a good starting point.

Also might want to search on watchrecon.com, as there have been a couple for sale recently that have been picked up by that site.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Apr 10, 2017

You also might want to get some sort of proof to go with the watch, that it is a real snoopy, and not a build, given that dials and case backs were available on eBay for a while - I don't say this to be nasty (or accuse you of anything!), but if I were the buyer, I'd be asking for evidence that it was the real deal.

4. repoman Apr 10, 2017

Given its a modern limited edition, box and papers is essential to get full value. Without B&P, you're going to take a hit. Cheapest I've seen one of these go in the last year with B&P is $6800 USD. With the condition based on the pics you provided, no B&P, my guess would be $5500 (emphasis on guess), but this market is a little unpredictable. I think your best bet is Ebay, and let it run, eat the 10% fee. Good luck whatever you decide.

sensui and pbender like this.
  5. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

Any suggestions on getting it authenticated? Watch back is serial numbered but I understand what you mean. Could help a buyer decide either way. Thanks for suggestion.

6. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

Wow hard to believe the box and papers are worth $1300 bucks. I know it will help the collector but for someone wanting a watch to wear it wouldn't be worth the $1300 for me.

7. tyrantlizardrex Apr 10, 2017

These were 2004 right?

So too new for an extract of the archives - I believe that a boutique, or authorised watcher with access to Omega Extranet can check a serial (movement serial) against this to see what the watch left Switzerland as (ie, LE or jazzed up stock model).

Might be worth talking to your closest Omega Boutique.

BrianMcKay and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

See the scratch at 12 o'clock? That was a concern.

9. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

Correct 2004. I bought the watch from a friend that purchased the watch at an Omega dealer while on a cruise. We have no Omega dealers near where I live. Any suggestions?

10. corn18 Apr 10, 2017

That's a $35 part, so I don't think that would concern anyone too much. The key is convincing a buyer that what they are getting is a Snoopy LE. Short of that, it's just another used Speedy from 2004 that might fetch $2400.

mr_yossarian likes this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Apr 10, 2017

Contact the Omega customer service for your country would be best bet.

Bear in mind that the $6-7k prices these achieve, are for full sets, in very lightly worn/near new condition.

One sold through a UK auction house last november as "watch only", in a similar well used condition as yours for £3000 + 25% commission, that's roughly $4500 USD.

Rodmar likes this.
  12. repoman Apr 10, 2017

Someone wanting "a watch to wear" isn't going to buy this piece. That's not who your customer will be, nor who you should be marketing it to. Your customer will be a collector looking for this specific watch. My opinion, of course.

13. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

If you had it who would you have authenticate it?

14. tyrantlizardrex Apr 10, 2017

Omega.

I certainly wouldn't trust anyone else's "authentication" as a buyer.

15. Pawnguy Apr 10, 2017

How could I go about having them authenticate?

16. ras47 Apr 10, 2017

You probably have to go there with the watch and do it in person. You might be able to call an AD and arrange to ship them the watch for authentication, but I'd be hesitant to do that.

17. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 10, 2017

Reread the thread. Your answers are there.

Foo2rama and Perseus like this.
  18. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 10, 2017

Any certified Omega watch maker can obtain that part. I just had a crystal replaced with a service for my speedy and it was $35-40 (just like corn18 stated).

Try calling the OB nearest you and explain what you need. You could also order an extract for $150, which would be a plus as far as confirming.

Has anyone seen the casebacks for sale? I have seen the glass inserts for sale for some of the LEs, but never the steel casing.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  19. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Apr 10, 2017

A slight correction, only the sapphire part of the caseback was offered on ebay, not the complete back, same as all the other numbered editions with a sapphire insert, eg the Gemini IV.

Ignore, Taddyangle beat me to it.

BrianMcKay and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  20. tyrantlizardrex Apr 10, 2017

Ask nicely. ;)

Seriously, call either your in country customer service, or the closest boutique, and ask them.

We can all offer advice based on experience, but your 100% best option is to call Omega and ask.