Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Reduced ref. 3513.30 auto cal. 1152 stainless

1. gmmy775 Feb 16, 2022

I have a half dozen or more nice chronos, but a Speedy was definitely on the wish list. If I could just go one week or two without buying a new timepiece I would have already owned a hand-wind Lemania-based Professional. Not having mastered that skill yet, I decided to get a Reduced. Then I had to determine if I wanted the Triple-Date or the V7750 based version. I was pretty set on the Triple, since I have no less than four watches with Valjoux based movements. Then I saw this jewel. It is rare for me to be able to acquire an unpolished vintage watch that literally almost doesn't have a scratch on it, but the images and grading for this one indicated that this was just such a piece. When it arrived I was amazed at how pristine it was....and the seller had raided their inventory and included the 4 and a half extra links that I needed to be able to use the factory bracelet!

It's a 7750, so that says everything you need to know about how it performs and engages the chrono functions. The condition is so nice that I decided to not remove the back for a glamour shot until it actually needs it (and maybe I have the exact Omega tool). I promised myself that I would only wear it on rare occasions, but I break that vow a couple times a week. Still looks almost brand new, but undoubtedly not a nice as it did when it left the box. A big boy Speedy is still on the list, but this sweet Reduced has definitely scratched the itch for a minute. Once again I opted for an unpainted bezel as I find the scratching on a black one annoying. What really surprised me is how appropriate the size of the watch head is, not appearing at all small on my bear paws. Not sure how long they made this particular dial, but it certainly has some curb appeal.
    Specs:

Omega Speedmaster ref. 3513.30 auto cal. 1152 ss

Case shape : Round w/Lyre lugs
    Case diameter : 39.05mm w/o crown
    Case length : 44.65mm
    Case thickness : 11.85mm w/bezel
    Crown diameter : 5.50mm
    Crown signed Y/N: Y, push/pull
    Crystal diameter: 31.60mm in bezel
    Bezel material : stainless steel, unpainted
    Bezel diameter : 37.70mm
    Lug width : 18.00mm
    Case material : stainless steel
    Crystal material: synthetic corundum
    Movement caliber: Omega cal. 1152 (valjoux 7750 base)
    Movement jewels : 25 jewels
    Movement adj Y/N: not indicated, but likely (5) positions
    Chronometer Y/N : N
    Complications : Chronograph: stopwatch w/30 min & 12 hr subdials;
    DSC_2258.JPG DSC_2262.JPG DSC_2259.JPG DSC_2261.JPG Date, quickset; small seconds subdial

aggie, tnt9 and Duracuir1 like this.
  2. MHBsheep Mar 6, 2022

Beautiful watch and great review. I have the Mark 40 version of this and it is perfect on my 6.25 inch wrist:thumbsup:

3. gmmy775 Mar 31, 2022

I have been eyeing the Mark 40 for awhile now. Curious to get an opinion on why they sell for such a premium over other reduced, even the triple calendar.

4. tnt9 Apr 1, 2022

I have sold my speedy reduced 2y ago...Need to think about it again.

Nice review! Great watch!

5. gmmy775 Apr 2, 2022

I have heard similar laments from former reduced owners. I get it. When I first got this one I thought I will barely wear it and sell it as a downstroke when I am flush enough to get a Professional. After having it a few months, I don't think so, I will just save up the 4K or so and get the Pro, and keep this one forever. It isn't to small, or to big, is so appealing and comfortable I have to resist the urge to wear it every day. I have an Eberhard Traversetolo with the big Valgranges A07 movement. I think it is similar in size to the Professional, is gorgeous, and the movement is decorated to excess. I pick the reduced out of the chrono box first the majority of the time. I have large wrists, and one would think that I would prefer the larger size, but I keep gravitating to 36-40mm cases. My son says that the Eberhard is "in your face", but the reduced is more restrained. Of course this won't keep me from getting a Pro, but it is as much about the movement as anything.

Thank you for the comment on my review. Obviously I am a watch lover, and I like to provide a little helper data for those who are just getting their feet wet...I remember those days well.

Volcanotristate likes this.
  6. Blackbird68 Jul 8, 2022

Great review! I have been considering picking up this ref as my first Omega. The size seems to be perfect and you cannot go wrong with a 7750.

7. gmmy775 Jul 9, 2022

Well, here it is close to 5 months later, and this is still one of, if not my favorite watch. Still looks great even though I am a worn-looking watch looking for a place to happen. I have to recommend either this ref. or one of the similar ones. Right now I am seeing these in Japan sub-1500, the watch recession seems to have hit there for real. Even the Professionals are selling there at a discount. If you get one, please let us admire it!

Dogart1983 and Blackbird68 like this.
  8. frasatriani Aug 2, 2022

Great watch, i'm looking for buying it! nice review!

9. Tayman Feb 24, 2024

I have just picked up one of these V7750 and wondering how to obtain a copy of the owner’s manual. Trying to figure out how to reset the date. I understand it has a quickset mechanism. Thanks

10. gmmy775 Feb 24, 2024

First position, notch, as you pull out the stem