Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Reduced - Do I have an Issue?

1. Gojca May 14, 2018

Hi, I have just serviced an Omega Speedmaster Reduce second version.

I am realising that when I push the button to start the chronograph, the hand of minutes moves slightly forward.

Which it doesn’t appear to be normal, am I right?

Edited May 14, 2018
  2. Gojca May 14, 2018

Edited May 14, 2018
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 14, 2018

Not normal for sure.

4. Gojca May 14, 2018

Ok! Thank you!

I am going to complain with them and having the service properly done! This is a real shame!
    I am disappointed!

Thanks again for your help Archer.

5. Gojca May 14, 2018

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks

6. Gojca May 15, 2018

I am even realising that this involves even the hand of the second!

I cannot believe that this happens after you service it at the Omega Store!

7. Gojca May 31, 2018

Hi Guys, I have just taken back my watch for the second time to solve the issue above after the service done a month ago.
    I took it in the red box that the Omega store usually give with the watch. (Now I have 2 red box)
    I arrived at home I tried the chronograph and again same problem!

When you press the top pusher the hand of the minute jump of half of a second and again when I reset the chronograph the hand of minute again jump of half of a second.

Tomorrow I will go again to the Omega Store. Any thoughts or recommendation?
    What shall I say to them?

Thanks

8. Tacket May 31, 2018

Yikes - hope they have you taken care of this time - are they sending the watch back to you or are you picking it up in person?

9. Gojca May 31, 2018

I have pick it up in person this morning and going again tomorrow to show the issue not solved!

Moreover there are scratch on the left hand side of the case!

What a nightmare!

10. Alphasports Jun 6, 2018

Hmm well that's interesting. Just got mine back from a full Swatch Canada (Montreal) service a month ago and noticed it does the same thing, not quite as much movement as yours but definitely some, and with all 3 button pushes (start-stop-reset). Followup edit: it doesn't do it all the time but definitely most of the time.

11. Gojca Jun 7, 2018

I talked with the watchmaker it said that happen even with a new one. Basically in the last service they have swap the movement so it’s a new movement arrived from Switzerland.

Now they are redoing the same, but it can have the same issue. He said that it is not an ’issue’ but a common thing for the 3220.

It happens just in some position of the hands. Usually when the hands of the second is in the first quadrant.

I have decided to redo what they call corrective attention just because I have to leave it the swatch for having fixed all the scratches that they have dove.

I will let you know in 3-4 weeks. I am not expecting to have this ‘issue’ solved.

12. watchtinker Jun 7, 2018

Please don't because it is not an issue.

13. Gojca Jun 7, 2018

Could you please explain why it is not?

Thank you :)

14. watchtinker Jun 7, 2018

Of course, you are welcome. Given the way the Dubois-Dépraz chronograph module is paired to the base ETA 2892 movement, this behaviour is normal. It happens also in the previous 1140 and may vary from specimen to specimen to a certain degree, but it is not an issue.

D.D. likes this.
  15. Gojca Jun 7, 2018

Yeah I know that the chronograph is on the movement and this creates a misalignment of the pushers with the crown.

So I don’t know now why they take it back and do the service again, they can just answer explaining this.

I hope that when I take it back this “characteristic” will be limited.

Many thanks again for your explanation much appreciated!

16. Alphasports Jun 7, 2018

If I press a button to start, stop, or reset my chronograph and the minute hand jumps ahead randomly by half a minute or sometimes a full minute with each button push thereby requiring a manual reset of the accurate time of day I'd say it's certainly an "issue". Does it bother me? Not really. But is it an issue? Definitely.

Archer likes this.
  17. Gojca Jun 7, 2018

It will stay in the minute, it will not take time ahead , but I agree that is an issue. Something which I cannot understand if the watchmaker say to me that it is normal.
    This is what I told him and he agreed, saying that can happen even on a brand new watch.