Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Racing -Winding Issue

1. Greg Shakeshaft Aug 20, 2019

I've had this watch for about 12 months and as I wear it in rotation with others it invariably needs winding each time I choose it. The problem is that the crown is so close to the side of the case that it actually begins to hurt the tip of my thumb trying to grip and turn it after the initial few rotations. Anyone else have issues manually winding their Speedmaster?

2. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Aug 20, 2019

Hi @Greg Shakeshaft,

A similar discussion has been popping up before, for instance here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/help-i-love-my-speedy-but.92580/

To make sure we understand your question well; do you mean the Automatic Omega Speedmaster Racing, or a manual wound one? If it is the first, there is not too much winding required to get the party started, right? After a few turns, it should start running and the automatic movement will take care of the rest of the magic.

3. Radiumpassion Aug 20, 2019

Get one of these, Bergeon 31409

image.jpg

4. mjb Sep 24, 2019

My wife doesn't always wear her automatic watch (rotation with quartz and nothing on weekends) so she usually gives it to me to wind it and set the time. Try winding a tiny 36mm watch, and you'll not worry so much about the Speedy!