Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Professional vs Railmster 57 Trilogy?

1. Reno7 Dec 26, 2020

Hello Fellow Watch Enthusiasts,

I already own a Speedy Professional, and interested in flipping it for the 2017 release Railmaster 57 Trilogy.

I'm really interested in your thoughts and experience with both watches.

Which one would be your preferred choice?

Please keep in mind, that my wrist is 6.75 inches, and in my opinion, the Speedy feels a little too big and obtrusive at times. Especially, during winter when I have to wear a coat with a sweater underneath. But I love the manual movement.

Which watch is more versatile? More comfortable and wearable?

As a side note: I also own a vintage Rolex DateJust Slate Gray dial, 36mm.

I really appreciate your comments and valuable opinions.

Thank you in advance.

Edited Dec 26, 2020
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 26, 2020

The RM is smaller but the lug to lug is still quite long. It wears bigger than some other 38mm pieces. Ironically, the Speedy Pro wears smaller than other 42mm pieces so while there is a difference it may not be as big as the figures suggest. Maybe try before you buy. I love the RM, it is very low profile as the curve of the bezel continues into the crystal so it is slim for for an auto. I have both and have no problem with either, but my wrist is slightly larger at circa 7.2" so my experience may not be all that useful.

Reno7 likes this.
  3. Reno7 Dec 26, 2020

Thank you for your input.

It would be really hard to try it on, as they are all gone at any ADs now. They don't have any left in the inventory.

All are sold out.

4. VjaceCZ Dec 26, 2020

RM ‘57 is a great watch in flash. I would go for this one.

5. SkunkPrince Dec 26, 2020

If lume is your thing, the Railmaster might not be for you. Ultimately the faux aged lume caused me to sell mine. I wish it would have been normal bright lume.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 26, 2020

True, it would have been brighter if not coloured but It's still better than the lume on the Speedy Pro, which is pretty pitiful really. Very few Omegas have ultra bright lume.

7. SkunkPrince Dec 26, 2020

Better but not by much.

My WatchCo Seamaster 300 and Seamaster Professional 2254.50 have terrific lume!

Tom

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 26, 2020

Yep, I have sword hands SMPs too and I certainly include those in the few exceptions to my comment above, but in the main many recent pieces are only so-so on the lume front. Pretty much all Speedies (except the X-33!) have useless lume.