Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Professional BIG BOX Model #: 311.30.42.30.01.005

1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 3, 2015

For additional photos or reasonable offers please message me.

ITEM FOR SALE:
    Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional
    Model #: 311.30.42.30.01.005
    Diameter:42mm Case
    Thickness:13.75mm
    Movement: Manual Wind 1861
    Case Material: Stainless Steel
    Dial Color: Black
    Bracelet/Strap: Stainless Steel Brushed & Polished
    Clasp Type: Push Button Foldover Clasp
    Bezel: Fixed
    Crystal: Hesalite
    Case Back: SS
    Water Resistant: 50m/167ft
    • Brushed finished stainless steel case with polished finished beveled corners.
    • Polished stainless steel crown & buttons.
    • Black bezel ring with Tachymeter scale.
    • Matte black dial with stepped down sub-dials.
    • Fine white printed minutes, seconds & fractions of a second index markers.
    • Luminous painted index hour markers.
    • White hands
    • Central hands with luminous fill.
      • Chronograph/Stopwatch functions:
      • Large central seconds hand counter.
      • 30 minute counter sub-dial located at the 3 o'clock position.
      • 12 hour counter sub-dial located at the 6 o'clock position.
    • Small continuous running second hand sub-dial located at the 9 o'clock position.
    • Omega Caliber 1861, rhodium plated, beats at 21,600 vph, contains 18 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 48 hours.
    THIS WATCH IS PROVIDED WITH:
    • A special commemorative presentation box.
    • An additional black fabric "NATO" style strap with a stainless steel buckle & strap loops.
    • An additional black fabric "VELCRO" strap - a re-edition of the strap worn by Apollo astronauts wore in space, even bearing the NASA part number in white.
    • Tool & instructions to change straps/bracelet.
    • Omega Speedmaster branded loupe.
    • A 6cm paper-weight steel plate featuring a classic Speedmaster case back design with the iconic seahorse emblem & the case back opening notches.
    Statement & comments:
    TZ Rating: 99% condition= MINT
    I have been going back and forth over keeping this watch... There are things I like about it as well as others I don't, but in a nut shell I simply don't love it. And I don't believe in owning any watch this expensive if I don't love it...
    This watch was sized by my AD (extra links included) and has ONLY been worn for a total of 12 days.
    This watch should be listed LNIB, but to be fair there are a few micro swirls on the bracelet and small marks at the underside of two lugs when I switched to a strap... so I'm rating it at 99%. They are not deep, it was just from the spring bar falling into place.
    The bracelet was only worn for 4 days before switching it to the strap which I'm planning to keep and use in the future.

There are NO visible scratches to the hesalite crystal and I have not polished it using any products. I did buy and will include the tube of Polywatch with the purchase.
    *This watch was purchased at a NY authorized dealer and still has a full two year Omega warranty until April-2017.

*Price: $3,650 OBO
    •Price includes shipping to US.
    •Payment type(s) accepted: Paypal
    •How shipped (carrier): USPS
    You accept PayPal fees and I will pay for insured shipping.

Lookup my username for multiple sale references on WUS as well as BreitlingSource

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited May 3, 2015
  2. PatrickJ May 3, 2015

What a superb watch. Why the sale? Hope it is not regarding my comments on the plastic break? This is a minor point, I would still buy this watch from new or used.

In fact my next watch although probably not for 18 months or so at least will be a cal 1861 speedy or a Rolex Explorer 1.

3. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 3, 2015

Lol no the plastic break thing is ok with me. Truth is I actually like the hesalite version a lot. Especially when I compare it to the sapphire. But LIKE just isn't enough for me when talking about a watch at this price point. I enjoy it and love the history of it, but that's not enough. It was a $500 beater then no question, but it's not. And I would prefer to use my money on something I love staring at everyday. I'm just happy I wore it for almost two weeks and gave it a good shot.

Mad Dog and Nobel Prize like this.
  4. PatrickJ May 3, 2015

Think about it, give yourself time before you sell. Don't regret it in the future.

The man on the moon original, has the history it will never get outdated. This is something that will be appreciated 10 years down the line, when other models have come and gone.

Just an opinion. It looks great on your wrist. ☺

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 3, 2015

try it on leather....

Mad Dog and Frunkinator like this.
  6. PatrickJ May 3, 2015

They look great on leather and nato straps. Perhaps wear another watch for a week, allow your self to adjust then try it again.

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 3, 2015

You're right Patrick...
    I did have it on leather Nobel and I admit it looks much better. Well, I'll take some offers and think it over. Maybe I hold onto it a little longer...

8. PatrickJ May 3, 2015

9. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 4, 2015

Bump * $3600 OBO

10. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 4, 2015

Sold on WUS

Edited May 4, 2015
  11. PatrickJ May 4, 2015

So what Omega are you looking at now?

12. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 4, 2015

Not sure... I've always loved the Planet Oceans. But knowing there should be the anti-magnetic movement upgrades in the near future I'm a little apprehensive.

Edited May 4, 2015
  13. PatrickJ May 5, 2015

That's my only criticism of Omega, they are very quick to update and chage. This is why I go for a more historical models or models that do not change much. They are more iconic and have better resale, a planet ocean that is four yeare old is worth half what you paid new.

Frunkinator likes this.
  14. PatrickJ May 5, 2015

The base model Seamaster could be a good choice new. It will probably not change much, the previous James Bond style one ran for 18 years before it changed. Or get a used James Bond one with the wave dial, think they were produced till 2011, great resale and proven history there.