Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-69 Project - Running

1. abrod520 May 9, 2016

Here's something that could be a fun project for someone! I bought this Speedmaster as pictured, with the intention of putting some time and money into it and restoring it to the glory it deserves, but circumstances have changed and I can't quite go through with it! This Speedmaster 145022 is essentially a pre-moon 145.022-69 movement (29.60M serial dates it to later 1970 or so) in a fairly polished case, with a new crystal, luminova dial / hands and caseback (and I believe, crown & pushers too). It basically appears and wears like a 3570.50. The left side of the case has a very slightly uneven finish but can be corrected easily.

The movement is in great condition, runs perfectly - the watch is complete as-is.
    All this watch needs to be restored to vintage condition is a few external parts. I do in fact still have the original stepped dial which came with the watch, and while it isn't great, it's certainly not the worst I've seen. The dial feet are still there, it's all ready to be re-installed in the watch - I just never got around to it before now.

I'm asking $2300 (?) for this, including express insured shipping. Payment via PayPal or bank wire; if you're not happy with the purchase you can return it within 3 days for a full refund less shipping.

I price it that way because a) it has value in the movement and b) if you figure on spending $1000 (or more, or less, it's up to you) on a DON bezel, $500 on a pre-moon caseback, and $150 on tritium hands, then sell the modern replacement bezel, dial and caseback for around $200, you'll have a good Speedmaster for less than the going rate. Remember, the original stepped dial is included, so that's not something you'll have to hunt down!

Feel free to make an offer! I have a few references here and elsewhere too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited May 9, 2016
    Foo2rama likes this.
  2. abrod520 May 11, 2016

Bumping this one up - it's a good watch at what I think is a fair price if you either want to build it up or part it out, but feel free to send offers :)

3. abrod520 May 13, 2016

OHPF!

oddboy likes this.
  4. abrod520 May 16, 2016

SOLD thanks OF & buyer!

Foo2rama likes this.