Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Professional 105.012-65 (Serviced)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 5, 2018

Up for sale is a great "daily wearer" 105.012-65 (HF case) Speedmaster Professional. I purchased this from the original owner, who asked that I restore it to it's former glory, as it had a service dial and service bezel when purchased. The original owner was a pilot and flew for more than 20 years with the Speedy on his wrist, but retired in 1988 and "retired" the watch to an old drawer after the winding stem broke. Over the course of this restoration, I sourced a period correct "narrow T" dial, a ghost DON bezel, and have replaced the stem / crown with OEM service parts.

This isn't a safe queen, but it's a beautiful example of an HF 105.012 that can be worn for decades to come. On to the description:

Case / Caseback / Pushers:
    Case has been polished previously, but is still thick and prominently retains the signature twisted lugs. Caseback has wear, but the Seahorse and "Speedmaster" text is still visible. Pushers are non-OEM replacements (from the original owner's tenure), but I have chosen to leave them as-is, as they function just fine and don't look out of place.

Dial: The AML step-dial is in good overall shape, with vibrant, beautiful patina on all of the lume plots. The only wear to the dial is above the minute counter - shown below in macro detail. The blemish is hardly noticeable on the wrist (as you can see in the subsequent photos at the bottom), but I wanted to point it out for anyone who would be subjecting the watch to loupe-level scrutiny.
    IMG_9754.jpg

Hands: I believe that the hands are tritium service replacements, though I don't have confirmation of that assumption. Regardless, they exhibit a yellow shade of patina and mix fairly well with the dial. The chrono hand has a skinny crack in the lume.

Movement: The movement is in great shape and all functions work crisply and correctly. I have just had it overhauled by my watchmaker and it has kept great time while in my possession. A one year warranty will be fully transferable. The hard work has been done - now it's time for somebody to enjoy it!

Bezel: Bezel is a "ghost" DON bezel in good shape. The bezel has a crease between the 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock markers, but lays flat in the retaining ring...it's more of an optical illusion.

Strap: The watch will be sold head-only. If a strap is required, I will include a few NATO straps of the buyer's choice.

My price is $7,950. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions via PM here, to [email protected] or through Instagram to @bazamu. More pictures can be made available by request.
    IMG_9749.jpg IMG_9735.jpg IMG_9739.jpg IMG_9740.jpg IMG_9737.jpg IMG_9750.jpg IMG_9759.jpg IMG_9762.jpg IMG_9767.jpg IMG_9773.jpg
    IMG_9776.jpg

2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 7, 2018

Bump

3. Drawarms Feb 7, 2018

How is this still here?!

Peter Lundberg and bazamu like this.
  4. R3D9 Feb 7, 2018

Agreed. The dial/bezel combo on this one is as nice as I’ve seen... this is an aesthetically superior vintage Speedy.

I only wish I was in the market right now.

Caliber561 and bazamu like this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 7, 2018

OHPF ;)