Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegist Jun 17, 2015

Hi Omega friends,
    can anyone tell me what this offer is about:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=724278&rid=0

the seller is offering it for 2200$..I contacted him to see if he really exists..and he replied.
    he offered it to me on the 1059 bracelet for 1900$ payed via paypal..in my opinion far to cheap...

could be/ will be a scam..but why should a scammer accept paypal?
    Has anybody else seen this offer and already contacted the seller...the entire thing smells a little bit like fraud..

..and by the way...NO - I am not the seller and I don't know the seller
    I am just interested in the watch and wanted to share my ideas with you...

Thanks

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2015

1 post user, its 100% a scam, save your money.

JohnSteed likes this.
  3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 17, 2015

Yes - scammers will use paypal. The same happened to me a while back but luckily I was able to get my money back from paypal. You could risk it but shipping from italy, low price and 1 post would discourage me from buying.

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. Pianist A 12 inch WHAT?!?!? Jun 17, 2015

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jun 17, 2015

The scammers can still collect from paypal. If they don't send a package, you can get a refund after 2 weeks. If they send an empty box, good luck.

6. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 17, 2015

Buy the Seller!

7. JohnSteed Jun 17, 2015

100 per cent scam

Enough said

8. Omegist Jun 17, 2015

thats the same seller as from the forum offer....I asked him for feedbacks...he sent me a link to his current ebay offer...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-FLIGH...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1ea02bbe93Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    and he sent me a weird video in which he wants to proof the accuracy of the flight master...he said he is italian who lives in southern america..
    very very weird story...he got 30 positive ebay feedbacks on his since april existing accounts... but none as a seller
    I think this guy tries to scam via forums and via ebay...

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 17, 2015

No way to verify that its actually his eBay account though unless he sent you the message through eBay.

JohnSteed likes this.
  10. Omegist Jun 17, 2015

I contacted him via ebay and he replied..so thats 100% the same person...

11. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 17, 2015

As an added warning:
    Years ago I bought a £1000 speedmaster from Ireland. I paid Paypal, thinking if it messes up. Ill get my money.
    The seller managed to counterfeit a Post Office reciept to my UK address, with tracking. This showed on the system as delivered, but to a totaly different address - the post office confirmed it had been delivered to an adress 400 miles from me.
    Paypal (when I could get hold of them - which I could hardly ever) refused to accept I had not recieved the parcel - they had a reciept, officially printed by the post office and to my address. Then one of the PP people said, look, we will just file it as a "item not as described".
    It all went horribly wrong, mainly because I simply could not talk to a human, and even when I did , they had to use automated response systems. This fraud, did not have a catagory. It might now.
    Now I always talk to the seller by phone. Rarely will an internet scammer talk to me, whereas a genuine seller is eager. That too may change!

12. JohnSteed Jun 17, 2015

All correct again.

This is a dedicated scammer to avoid

13. 736007 Jun 17, 2015

When it looks to good to be true, then often it is a Scam. :-(
    Its an bad World out there. And Paypal doesnt help you!!! The only Thing that Paypal has is a good Marketing Department.

14. Eric_navi Jun 17, 2015

A similar situation happened to me last year.

Seller shipped something, which never left Italy, and never made it to the U.S., and this was verifiable from both the foreign post and UPS.

Basically PayPal rules state that from certain countries including Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Australia, and others, proof of shipment is all that is required for a seller to be protected. Signature confirmation is not required from those countries.

I eventually got my money back, but it took 6 months and a lawyer... I plan to write a detailed post on my findings to prevent it from happening to someone else.

15. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 17, 2015

Looking forward to your post. Outrageous.
    Paypal needs some competition.