Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Pre-Moon 105.012-65 Cal.321

1. timeismoney Jan 13, 2016

Hello All,

Up for sale is a 105.012-65 in the Huguenin Freres (HF) case with a serviced Cal.321 movement (serial #24.0mil.). The case is well worn but all the signature curves of the lyre lugs are still well defined. The Seahorse on the double step case back is completely intact and in great shape, there is however a long scratch from a previous clumsy case opening attempt.

The DON bezel has various chipping but not easily visible due to fading, please refer to the photos for locations. The bezel ring is slightly bent on curvature, more noticeable in pictures but not as much when worn. The bezel has obtained a very pleasing faded grey “ghost” look to it IMHO. The correct AML dial is very clean and has darken lume but aged very well in a deep black. The closest description would be that it is similar to a tropical dial but without the browning except at the edges of the step. The hands on the watch have been previously painted and the chrono second hand is incorrect for this reference. The whole watch would look excellent if the new owner can swap a correct handset but it provides an interesting contrast as is (ie/ very easy to read!). Interestingly, this Speedy is probably one that received more positive comments from WIS or non WIS alike when I wear it. This one has a lot of charm going for it.

The crown is a replacement from its previous service. The low and wide pushers are the correct ones for this reference and a pleasure to use. The watch has been serviced in July 2014 and it is keeping great time. All functions of the chronograph are working as it should. Lastly, the watch will come with a new brown leather strap and not the one pictured below because that would be gross.

I am asking $6200 via PayPal and will ship free CONUS. International buyer will pay for shipping via preferred method. Feel free to send me a PM if you need more pictures or any questions regarding this piece. Please consider the pictures part of the description as well and the sale is final unless the watch is not as described.

Thanks for some of your concerned PMs about my recent bloodletting, I have one more (a 145.022-69) outgoing, hopefully these pieces stays in the forum. Thanks for looking and thank you OF for the space!
    IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2723a.jpg
    IMG_2725.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2730.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2733.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg

A shot of the movement prior its service. movement.jpg
    back.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg

kenmedk, Javi22, dougiedude and 3 others like this.