Forums Latest Members
  1. Fordex Oct 1, 2016

I have had my new MKII for about 9 days now and I absolutely love it. It has such a nice retro look and amazing finishing and detail. The adjustable bracelet is a great for small adjustments for comfort throughout the day if needed. It's running about 2-3 seconds fast a day. I'm really pleased with the accuracy so far! I only run the chronograph occasionally and when I'm not wearing it I place it crown side down because I read on a watchtime review it deviated the least in that position.

If any of you have a new Mark II please post your thoughts and pictures! If anyone has sold theirs would you share why you chose to let it go as well?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. alam Oct 1, 2016

@Fordex , that's a cool looking Speedy! :thumbsup: I tried the same model few months ago at a local OB, it was a very tempting and trying instance but my watch budget was nonexistence at the time :( Enjoy it!

Fordex likes this.
  3. Fordex Oct 2, 2016

I thought I should also add I really like the date window. It's larger than most and the placement is different compared to your traditional 3 o'clock. The black has great contrast with the grey dial and ties into the tachymetre and hour and min hands well. :)

image.jpeg
    Varasc, Mad Dog and meganfox17 like this.
  4. meganfox17 Oct 3, 2016

Hi @Fordex
    How are You Sir?

I always wanted that 70s' styling Tonneau shaped casing & hooded lugs in my collection & Yes Sir , i did try on the Mark II
    ( It needs more Love ok !) in the OB that came with a discounted price tag of USD 4463[​IMG]Interestingly enough ,the demand for the Rio Olympic Mark II LE exceeded their expectations as they had 6 customers searching for the only model in the OB[​IMG]I'm still weighing my options but probably will opt for the Sinn 140 Space chronograph St S ( USD 3600 ) via the AD that will take 8 weeks to arrive from Germany

Edited Oct 3, 2016
    Fordex likes this.
  5. Fordex Oct 3, 2016

I'm well @meganfox17! Thanks for sharing. I can see why the Olympic model was popular it was very tastefully done compared to some of the others I have seen.

Why not get a vintage Flightmaster? I may be mistaken but it appears they borrowed the design from Omega? The Sinn however is very nice looking. Do you prefer the stainless steel or the black pvd?

6. meganfox17 Oct 3, 2016

I'm on a tight budget Sir , so i guess i've to settle for the Sinn 140 PVD black ,the model most closely resembling Reinhard Furrer 's Sinn 140 S(Of course it had the famed Lemania 5100)[​IMG]

Fordex likes this.
  7. Waltesefalcon Oct 3, 2016

Fordex, that is a really lovely watch. I really like the way the color jumps out at you but is not garish.

Fordex likes this.
  8. Civilguy007 Oct 7, 2016

So Fordex, you're looking for thoughts and pictures?

I previously posed a version of this on "that other forum". But I never get tired of looking at the Mark II. It's a great watch that I believe deserves more recognition. So a repeat performance is in order...

For the last 18 months, I have been longing for the Mark II Re-Issue Racing Dial. But each time I thought it would be my next purchase, another Omega would grab my attention and take center stage...for a short while. This continued all through 2015 until I had more Omegas than I had fingers (and thumbs) to count them. With the start of 2016 came the start of several rehab projects around the house. With great reluctance, I made the decision to downsize my collection. But it wasn't going to happen before I added one more. Introducing my latest (and possibly my last...for a while at least):

[​IMG]

It's all been said before, but for the uninitiated...and in no particular order... here's why I'm lovin' it:

The orange side glow
    [​IMG]

The grey dial
    [​IMG]
    When I first saw it at an Omega Boutique, the grey dial put me off. But it quickly grew on me. A nice change from all of my black dials.

The date at the 6 position
    [​IMG]
    Most of my watches do not have dates. But if it does, this is where it belongs...nice symmetry on the 1st, 8th, and 11th of each month!

The orange chronograph hands setting them apart from the white time-keeping hands.
    [​IMG]
    I'm getting older and I need things to be obvious.

Decent water resistance for a non-diver
    [​IMG]

It shares my name...
    [​IMG]
    Yup, my name is II.

The adjustable bracelet with micro settings.
    [​IMG]

The polished edge complementing the brushed sides and starburst top
    [​IMG]

The Lume
    [​IMG]
    With my eyesight, the Tachymetre numbers are indiscernible...but it does looks COOOL.

The solid and substantial bracelet which complements the case's bulk.
    [​IMG]
    When I slide it on, I picture myself as a knight putting on his armor. I'm prepared for whatever battles I encounter in the office.

The overall awesome wrist presence
    [​IMG]

It's an Omega, it's a Speedmaster
    [​IMG]

It comes from a good family
    [​IMG]

It has synergy...it is, as a whole, exceedingly greater than the sum of its parts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it is for all of these reasons, and more, that get my heart racing whenever I put on this watch. As I said, I am now in downsizing mode with my collection. Ideally, I will go to three. It's very likely that the Mark II will be one of the "sole survivors".

Edited Oct 8, 2016
    Dogmann, eas, Paedipod and 9 others like this.
  9. Civilguy007 Oct 8, 2016

One thought to add regarding Mark II's weight. Yes, it is heavy. But it wears very comfortable on my wrist. I believe the bracelet counterbalances the watch head.

As long as you don't like your bracelet loose, the weight shouldn't be a deterrent if every other aspect screams "Buy Me"!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Fordex likes this.
  10. bnabod Oct 9, 2016

Congrats on the mark II
    I am a fan especially since I stopped going e forum darlings and started buying what really appealed to moi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Superdoc Oct 9, 2016

The Mark 2 is one of those watches that hadn't caught my attention until I saw it on someone else's wrist... it wears beautifully...

The modern elements (anti reflective crystal, lacquered bezel, micro adjusting clasp) add so much to the watch...

I had to go Rio to commemorate the Rio Olympics which I attended... but I needed just a little more gold...

IMG_20161009_091607.jpg IMG_20160919_081425.jpg

Dogmann, ahartfie, bnabod and 2 others like this.
  12. Fordex Oct 9, 2016

:thumbsup: How much did that bracelet set you back?

13. jv91 Oct 9, 2016

gorgeous! I've been regretting not buying the gold bracelet for the Mark II

Fordex likes this.
  14. Superdoc Oct 10, 2016

The specifics of that answer can be obtained from any Omega Boutique or authorized dealer... I never discuss specific Money amount (it can be a very touchy subject)... but I'll say that it would have been slightly less to just get the Twotone version (which would have provided gold pushers and crown as well).. but I wanted the Rio.. No regrets

ahartfie and Fordex like this.
  15. Hands90 Oct 31, 2016

The orange is really growing on me. I'm not a fan of the date.

Fordex likes this.
  16. jimmyd13 Oct 31, 2016

They changed the layout of the tachy scale from the original?

I don't know if this says more about me or the watch but it seems a little like putting a Series 1 E Type next to the Eagle Speedster .... they're both going to lead to dropped jaws and wet ... seats. But no matter how incredible the Speedster is (and it is incredible, please don't doubt that I think that), I would only want the Series 1.

Fordex likes this.
  17. ncstate1201 Nov 11, 2016

I am normally into vintage but for me this is one of the few instances where I like the reissue beter

Fordex likes this.