Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Mark II (145.014)

1. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Dec 21, 2020

For sale a nice Speedmaster Mark II 145.014 in good vintage condition.

I bought this watch of a friend a while ago. Admittedly, it was an impulse buy which, as much as a like it, will not last. I have been on a buying spree lately and will need to recoup some funds towards further improvements of my collection. In this case; a nice(r) DON to my recently found 105.003-65 which is being discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Please find an assessment of the watch below. I have attempted to be as brutally honest as can be. Also note that I am certainly not the first owner of this watch. Hence I cannot guarantee originality of parts.

Dial: The original dial with nicely coloured tritium indices, which are in very good condition with the lume fully intact. There is a very light stain of what appears to be wiped off oil between the 2nd and 4th index. Impossible to picture and practically invisible, unless you’re actively searching for it ànd find the exact right (wrong?) lighting conditions. A very minor point.

Hands: Likely original to the watch. In tune with the dial, the hands glow briefly when exposed to UV.

Case: Nice fat case with sharp edges, free of any dings and the original sunburst finish still perfectly visible. Some thin scratches. Caseback is in order, but the Seamonster has vanished.

Movement: Of course an 861. Serial in the 3131xxxx range, hence one of the earlier Mark II’s. Runs and winds smoothly, no jumpstart on the chrono. All buttons working properly. Screw heads in clean condition, as is the movement overall. Service history unknown.

Crown: Original, period-correct crown.

Bracelet: None, this watch is sold head-only.

Shipped fully insured worldwide, although I would prefer a F2F deal in the Netherlands.

No returns please ask questions and extra pictures in advance. I am not making a habit out of selling, as I am still looking to expand my modest collection.

References and Linkedin profile available upon request.

Price: €1950 (Net to me, OBRO)

On to the pictures…
    IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6894.jpg
    IMG_6896.jpg IMG_6897.jpg

And finally, an attempt at a lume shot:
    IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg IMG_6893.jpg
    Edited Mar 30, 2021
    kip595, lexieb007, 0-60 and 2 others like this.
  2. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Dec 26, 2020

Edited Mar 30, 2021
    lexieb007, Zdzislaw and kip595 like this.
  3. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Dec 30, 2020

This watch is now OHPF.

Thanks to OF for the space and to several members for your interest!

Zdzislaw likes this.
  4. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jan 4, 2021

And... sold to a very nice gent who's soon adding his first Speedmaster (Mk II) to his stable.

Zdzislaw and Tet like this.