Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Gemini IV Limited Edition - Lost or Stolen

1. sgrossma Mar 13, 2019

Hi OF Community -

I sold a watch last week and the buyer says it was delivered incorrectly / signed for while he was not home and the watch is currently missing. It was via FedEx with Adult signature required. There is still an open investigation.

If you see or hear anything about a limited edition Omega Speedmaster Gemini IV being offered, please let me know (and also proceed with extreme caution)! It was watch only with a generic red Omega box.

The serial number of this watch is 77143038

Here is my original listing.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...rst-space-walk-limited-edition-3565-80.88056/

Thank you!

2. jhross98 Mar 13, 2019

what a bummer / worst case scenario for any watch guy. will keep an eye out and i hope the community finds the watch

sgrossma likes this.
  3. pongster Mar 13, 2019

Insurance doesnt cover fraud?

sgrossma likes this.
  4. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Mar 13, 2019

What was the FedEx insurance limit on the watch? $1,000?
    This is truly a lousy situation. Hope you have a good outcome.

sgrossma likes this.
  5. Bushido Mar 13, 2019

I'm really sorry to read this. Hopefully, the watch is simply misplaced vs stolen and it surfaces safe and sound in the near future. I'll keep an eye out and hope it turns up for you.

sgrossma and gemini4 like this.
  6. Toishome Mar 13, 2019

Terrible news. Sorry to hear it. That said I don't think I understand what really happened. You are saying someone signed for it at the address the buyer gave you? If so how is this your responsibility? Not trying to say we should not help each other or trying to pass the buck but if someone signed for it at the address you were given for delivery then I think you should be responsible.

7. sgrossma Mar 13, 2019

The buyer claims he was not home at the time and the tracking shows “delivered” and signed for. This occurred mid last week.

It was insured through a 3rd party and I’m not completely sure how that will play out. Even if it does work out, it won’t be easy or quick.

I just wanted to put an advisory out there incase anyone sees or hears anything regarding the watch because it is somewhat identifiable, being an LE with a specific case number.

Thank you everyone.

8. snarkq Mar 13, 2019

Good reminder to always deliver to work or a place of business that you can trust!

queriver and Foo2rama like this.
  9. GMTspeedmaster Mar 13, 2019

Oh no

10. fskywalker Mar 13, 2019

Sorry to hear, hope you had it insured privately (Parcel Pro or through a home jewerly policy) :unsure:

sgrossma likes this.
  11. queriver Mar 13, 2019

Hope this works out well for you. Probably not relevant for your case but when you ship watches do you list the contents and write on an Addressor name that won't give any recipient clues about what's in the carton?

sgrossma likes this.
  12. Civic4982 Mar 13, 2019

Wow that totally sucks.

I’d assume that if the package was signed for by the wrong recipient then FedEx is in the hook. Hopefully it’ll work itself out.

sgrossma likes this.
  13. ext1 Mar 13, 2019

I had a watch stolen from transit last week as well, I can definitely relate. Claims and investigation need to happen still. I hope it works out for you...!!

sgrossma likes this.
  14. jamilf Mar 14, 2019

oh no. That is terrible news Scotty. Hope they find the culprit who has the watch...

sgrossma likes this.
  15. mblease Mar 14, 2019

What a nightmare. Hope there is a happy outcome.

sgrossma likes this.
  16. WatchShopping Mar 14, 2019

Oh no - this is the worst. It's happened multiple times for us and for various reasons. We also require signature delivery but for some reason the package was left on their porch. It also happened to me personally. The package showed that it was signed and delivered, but it actually got delivered the next day... something about it being handed over to another driver to deliver.

17. mancio Mar 14, 2019

Oh shit....

tikkathree likes this.
  18. JFerraro819 Mar 14, 2019

call fedex and ask to see a copy of the signature

WatchShopping and tikkathree like this.
  19. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Mar 14, 2019

I read a thing a while ago about this being a scammer's trick... purchase high-value goods which they claim then don't arrive or are missing from box etc. Might be worth bearing in mind.

20. tikkathree Mar 14, 2019

I'd love to believe this is some kind of freaky accident involving some doddery, forgetful but fundamentally honest old neighbour agreeing to take your parcel and sign for it but, actually, every fibre of my body is screaming "scam".
    Man I feel your pain and, if it turns out that Fedex driver has liberated it, I feel for your buyer too.
    Take all reasonable steps - get a copy of the delivery signature without doubt - that once saved me from a paypal refund when the plainly stupid buyer claiming not to have taken delivery signed in his own name.

WatchShopping likes this.