Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Companion

1. arajohn Feb 1, 2017

Hi everyone,
    I am really interested in purchasing an Omega Speedmaster Companion. I wanted to get your thoughts on the value of a recently ended Ebay listing. What would be the highest price I should pay for an example such as this? This one has a 601 movement.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintag...F7%2BYePSpWvf2VsetLGc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Thanks very much,
    AJ

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Feb 1, 2017

I would not call this watch a Speedmaster companion. It is, in my opinion, a unmarked Seamaster 600.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. arajohn Feb 1, 2017

Is the dial original?

4. Davidt Feb 1, 2017

Looks like one of the technical type dials. dials. Similar ones can be found on Seamaster 600s.

Appears to be original but I don't recall seeing those hands on one (they may still be correct).

Incidentally, it's better if you post a picture rather than a link.

5. arajohn Feb 1, 2017

Saw this one on a previous forum from 2010. The only thing that I'm confused about is the seller said that the case is 31mm. Does this seem accurate?[​IMG]

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 1, 2017

tumblr_nz76hwlZBG1tqz0xzo1_1280.jpg
    That is a Speedmaster Companion. Sunburst grey dial variant. Notice the lumed hour markers and out outer track match a Speedmaster,

7. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Feb 1, 2017

Referring to your observation about size, yes. Notice the size of the strap in relation to the case. Most likely the strap is 18mm, so the case is smaller. Quite a few different cases/reference numbers were used. The case shown in Foo2rama's post is most likely a ref 165.002 (35mm across without crown).
    Your post, notice the 12:00 index, two vertical bars. Speedmaster Companions (using the term loosely) have one bar and two dots at the 12:00 position.

8. arajohn Feb 1, 2017

Ok, thanks very much the detailed info, I appreciate it