Forums Latest Members
  1. cookieandmilk Aug 5, 2013

Hello, I wish to buy my first Omega (although I have two inherited ones) and really like the look of the below watch. (I do hope that use of a photograph from chronomaddox.com is not an issue). st_176_0014b.jpg I think it is different from day to day watches and I love the way the bar style bracelet looks. Before I start looking at one to buy can anyone tell me any issues with the TV shape dials, the bar link bracelet or the, movement itself. I want a watch I can wear on a daily basis.

Thank you

2. Sherbie Aug 5, 2013

These cal 1045 watches are not for the slight of wrist. Th watches are really thick, heavy, and may struggle to fit under a dress shirt.

if this is not a problem, go ahead and buy one. I have a mark 4.5 and love it. Chuck was also a fan ( as you will have detected by reading his site)

I guess good advice would be to try it on first, before you buy

3. Poday Aug 6, 2013

I'll confirm what Sherbie said regarding this watch. It is indeed heavy, and absurdly thick. That being said, I absolutely love mine. You get used to the weight very quickly, and I don't mind the thickness one bit (I also don't wear dress shirts if I can avoid it).

As far as the movement goes, you don't want anyone touching it that isn't familiar with the cal 1045. That might make finding a local watchmaker difficult, but from what I understand, it is pretty robust, so you should be able to expect years of reliable use if serviced regularly.

4. cookieandmilk Aug 6, 2013

Cheers for the advice