Omega Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz 35th Anniversary — The Watch Worn By Astronauts

Speedmaster-Apollo-Soyuz-35th-Anniversary-LE-With-Watermark-10.jpg
I remember it was back in 2015 when Omega introduced the new Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award. You know, the white-dial one with Snoopy sleeping in the 9 o’clock sub-dial. A big introduction event took place in Houston, and brand ambassador George Clooney was there. But also in attendance were NASA astronauts Gene Cernan (Apollo 17), […]

Visit Omega Speedmaster Apollo-Soyuz 35th Anniversary — The Watch Worn By Astronauts to read the full article.

I must have missed this article when you posted it last year. It's a great read.
Today is the 49th anniversary of the Apollo-Soyuz mission, so it only seemed appropriate to don my "Speedeorite" Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster today and give this thread a bump. 😎

Big thanks to @pdxleaf for working with me last summer to purchase his. 👍

20240201_132842 v3.jpg

I must have missed this article when you posted it last year. It's a great read.
Today is the 49th anniversary of the Apollo-Soyuz mission, so it only seemed appropriate to don my "Speedeorite" Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster today and give this thread a bump. 😎

Big thanks to @pdxleaf for working with me last summer to purchase his. 👍

20240201_132842 v3.jpg

Happy Anniversary
🙁

I sold it and another watch to buy my 105.002 but honestly, I wouldn't do it again.

Glad you like it. I'm hoping for a 50th Apollo-Soyuz Anniversary Speedmaster edition next year.
Edited:

Happy Anniversary
🙁

I sold it and another watch to buy my 105.002 but honestly, I wouldn't do it again.

Glad you like it. I'm hoping for a 50th Apollo-Soyuz Anniversary Speedmaster edition next year.
If it makes you feel any better Dave I still have my 35th Anniversary and Transitional thanks to you convincing me not to sell them.

If it makes you feel any better Dave I still have my 35th Anniversary and Transitional thanks to you convincing me not to sell them.

I do feel better. 😀

Mine says hello. Purchased new in Paris 8 years ago. IMG_1501.jpeg

Here is mine, bought new in 2016. Found it by chance when on holiday in Mallorca
IMG_4777.jpeg

This is the watch that got me back into Omega watches. It's probably still my favorite modern Omega. What's the deal with the caseback material? I've seen used ones with it in horrible condition and whatever black filler material they used breaks and falls off leaving gaps throughout and exposed metal under. I've given up trying to get a used one as condition is poor. If they release a 50th next year with similar dial I'll definitely try to get one this time around. I was a broke grad student when the 35th released and couldn't afford anything...

Remember seeing this when it was first released and thought it was a stunner, nothing has changed my mind. Also loved the case back design on it. It was between this and the Japanese Racing Speedie and ran across that one first. Might need to check and see if I can hunt on down something soon.