Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega Speedmaster 145022-69

1. Sharp Aug 29, 2017

This is my first sales thread on the forum, however I have dealt with members directly in the past and met a few of you face-to-face @tyrantlizardrex can vouch I am not secretly in Peru with 15 Aliases.

Up for grabs is this Speedmaster 145022-69 from my personal collection.

Description:

Dial/hands: Excellent step dial with original tritium that has aged to a light minty colour (this is a known occurrence on some dials in this reference). The dial surface is flawless; any marks you see are on the crystal. The hands have aged a little darker and have a light yellow patina, however I believe they are original to the watch. None of the hands have been attacked with model paint and they are un-chipped. Both Dial and hands glow correctly when exposed to UV light.

Case: Good sharp case body shows wear consistent with use and numerous light scratches but is free from corrosion and major dings. There is a noteworthy scratch on the topside of the top left lug and case back edge however neither are deep and the case could easily be refreshed by the new owner if required. Case back shows a very clearly engraved Hippocampus, the graining is a little light from wear but still visible. One pusher shows corrosion the other is clean along with the crown.

Bezel: Is a very clean DON bezel, light marks only, it has seen no abuse and is a particularly nice example without nasty chips (DON bezel is correct for this serial range).

Please note a DON bezel in this condition can trade for £2.5k+

Movement: Winds, resets and ticks correctly, however the service history is unknown, it is cosmetically very clean with un-chewed screws and minimal marks, the plating is of good consistent colour. Serial is 30.584XXX. I would recommend a service before use and do not wish to guarantee timekeeping.

Summary: I consider this watch a very good example, it is only being removed from my collection as a victim of apartment renovations. The watch was sourced privately and has not been publicly offered for sale before – a dealer has not cosmetically enhanced it! I prefer to keep descriptions pretty basic and just sell off the pictures provided which I believe clearly illustrate the watches condition, these watches are now also well documented (www.speedmaster101.com)

My Price: I am offering this watch for £6250 net to me via bank transfer; this includes shipping anywhere in the world (likely via Fedex). The watch is located in the UK and I could transact face-to-face in London with established members if requested.

Returns: I have never had anyone ask for a return, I would consider it only if the watch is terribly misdescribed. I am not going to refund you if it gains 12 seconds in a day after 3 weeks.

Thanks for looking

speedmaster14.JPG speedmaster13.JPG speedmaster8.JPG speedmaster6.JPG speedmaster2.JPG speedmaster1.JPG speedmaster12.JPG speedmaster4.JPG speedmaster3 2.JPG

speedmaster27.JPG speedmaster10.JPG speedmaster3.JPG
  2. Sharp Sep 4, 2017

Some bites but no buyers, dropping to £6000

3. Sharp Sep 6, 2017

Available

4. Sharp Sep 8, 2017

£5750 shipped anywhere in the world

5. Sharp Sep 10, 2017

Up

6. Sharp Sep 11, 2017

Up

7. Sharp Sep 12, 2017

£5500 :eek:

8. Sharp Sep 12, 2017

This can now be marked as OHPF :thumbsup:

abrod520, Bienne2998, ATWG and 5 others like this.
  9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 12, 2017

I am not sure why this hung around.
    I bet it looks better in the metal, those photos were a bit blue.
    Well done on sale, I thought it was in very nice condition.

Sharp likes this.
  10. Sharp Sep 14, 2017

SOLD