Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022 CRS / Early 80s

1. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 11, 2022

Now that my quest for a birth year Speedy has been completed (more on that soon) it is time to let go of some lovely by-catch... This watch might actually be a birth year watch too, but finding a full set in the same month leads me to passing this one on.

For sale a nice Speedmaster 145.022 C.R.S. in good vintage condition. Quoting other forum members; if any watch is a good entry point into vintage Speedmasters, this is it. :) If you're looking for perfection, this watch might have seen a little too much action. Then again, if you look for a wonderfully wearable vintage Speedy; please do read on!

Please find an assessment of the watch below. I have attempted to be as brutally honest as can be. Also note that I am certainly not the first owner of this watch as this watch is nearly the same age as I am. Hence I cannot guarantee originality of parts, although after having handled dozens of 80s Speedmasters, this one comes across as being very honest to my eyes.

Dial: The original dial with all lume plots perfectly in tact. The lume has aged to a subtle, slightly greenish shade and has lost most of its luminous qualities as one would expect of a forty year old piece.

Hands: I believe these to be the original, tritium, hands. Slightly darker than the dial, as is common for the 80s Speedies.

Case: Nice fat case with sharp edges. Possibly polished, certainly not recently. Some hairline scratches but overall in very good condition. Caseback is in perfect order.

Bezel: Original B2 bezel (‘narrow C’) in fairly good condition. Some light chips and the subtlest of all dents between 70 and 65. No major scratches.

Movement and Serial: A trusty 861 manual wound movement with a serial in the 44128xxx range. This range is spread across multiple years in the early 80s, but likely puts the watches production date in '82 to '84.

Runs and winds smoothly with all functions working properly. Screw heads look like new. The service history of this watch is unknown. I have only worn it sporadically, but have not observed any major deviation.

Bracelet: As is common with 80s Speedies, an 1171/1 with 633 end links is part of the package. Unlike many, this bracelet comes with stamped numbers and a bit of stretch, so it's probably not a service. It's definitely used, but has some life left in it. The bracelet might be a bit short to some, luckily, links for these are fairly easy to obtain.
    If, for any reason, you consider the bracelet to be a detractor, I am happy to discuss selling head-only.

Shipped worldwide, although I would strongly prefer a F2F deal in the Netherlands given the value of this piece and the added benefit of meeting a fellow OF-member in person.

No returns, please ask questions and extra pictures in advance. I am not making a habit out of selling, but I do have some - exclusively positive - references as a seller and buyer on this forum and could share more.

References and Linkedin profile available upon request.

Price: reduced to €4400 (OBRO)
    On to the pictures…
    IMG_9530.jpg IMG_9532.jpg IMG_9533.jpg IMG_9534.jpg IMG_9536.jpg IMG_9537.jpg IMG_9538.jpg IMG_9539.jpg IMG_9540.jpg IMG_9541.jpg IMG_9542.jpg IMG_9543.jpg IMG_9544.jpg IMG_9545.jpg

(Wrist shots follow)

Edited Jun 18, 2022
    Jorisvp, red crowned, PCLB and 12 others like this.
  2. Sa Calobra Jun 11, 2022

@iamvr perhaps this one's for you?

Rudi99, Aludic, iamvr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 12, 2022

PCLB and iamvr like this.
  4. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 14, 2022

Not the best picture, but the watch itself is nice...

IMG_9551.jpg

Some offers, no deal yet...

PCLB likes this.
  5. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 18, 2022

Lots of nibbles, no bites. So, to encourage the prospective buyers into getting a great wearable vintage Speedy; price lowered to 4400 EUR. ;)

6. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 18, 2022

Now OHPF. Thanks for your interest and OF for the space.

Rudi99, iamvr and MtV like this.