Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-78 with Box and Papers 1980

1. Dash1 Nov 12, 2019

It is very uncommon to find any Speedmaster with the box and papers they came with so I had to snap this up when I saw it a few years back.
    Speedmaster Professional 145.022-78; Cal 861 serial No. 44.820...; On full-length bracelet 1171 with end pieces 633, in red Omega box with red wallet containing a 'You and Your Omega booklet,' a 'How to obtain the best possible results from your Omega' booklet and an Omega international guarantee booklet filled out on the reverse at time of sale in 1980.
    I purchased direct from the original owner and have done nothing to it, I haven't even cleaned it, so it comes as found. The box, papers and bracelet were all with the watch and are not later add ons.

Here are a few personal observations on the watch, but please study the natural light photos yourself.

The dial is flawless from what I can see looking at it with a loupe, the original tritium markers have faded to a pleasant colour and have not been relumed.
    The hands also retain their original tritium and the white paint shows some age, the chrono hand looks slightly cleaner than the hour and minute and the lume has faded to a darker colour.
    The Omega Hesalite crystal is in good condition but has a few minor marks that would polish out.
    The bezel is correct for the year and is in good condition with light marks from use.
    The case has been previously polished (as most have) but has plenty of meat left. It retains a few marks and dings from use.
    Case back is free from tool damage.
    Pushers are original fat neck ones, crown is also correct type.
    Dust cover is present and correct for reference.
    The movement looks very clean and in nice condition. Currently running well and all functions work correctly with the chrono resetting cleanly. Last service is unknown.
    Bracelet is correct and original type. Full length with plenty of adjustment on the clasp and the option to remove a few links if necessary.
    Box and accessories are in good vintage condition.

I think £3500 should represent an extremely good deal for someone considering it comes on the bracelet (which would be worth around £500 sold separately, likewise the box and papers would also command around £500 if parted out, but it would be a shame to split up the set imo.) That price is net to me and plus postage depending on your location.
    Please pm me if you can see any mistakes in my listing.
    Thank you.
    DSCF4896.JPG DSCF4901.JPG DSCF4904.JPG DSCF4906.JPG DSCF4919.JPG DSCF4922.JPG DSCF4924.JPG DSCF4928.JPG DSCF4939.JPG DSCF4915.JPG DSCF4885.JPG DSCF4894.JPG DSCF4895.JPG